cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Surfing!!

@Bree-RO Yeah pretty good I did 3 I think. I went with Go Ride a Wave they have single lessons or five lesson package which works out to be good value. I think they have a few different locations but I did it in Torquay.
I really liked it they told you about rips and stuff, and you can continue after your lesson if you decide you are having too much fun to go home and it’s only a little bit extra to keep the board for the day.
The only thing I found was because the lessons are beginner based they did the whole surfing on the sand stuff each time and if you have already done that in the previous lessons it’s kind of like oh ok, but they were really good they recognised me and able to kind of accomodate that I already learnt the super super basics which is awesome, I guess all you have to do is mention it and they can help you at your level. They do single lessons but its like double the price and probably only for people who are already good and need fine tuning.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

What were the other people like were they mixed levels etc? @j95 I have actually heard of em Smiley Happy Sounds raaaad!

yeah couple of kids that were just having a go but couple of other people who had done lessons so at that point similar level to me, really varied but not all first timers either which was good @Bree-RO few other organisations around but they were really helpful for me. i also liked that because they knew i had a couple of lessons on my third one they put me on a smaller board etc
I did all my lessons like 2 days apart though so i could learn quicker hahaha

That is pretty awesome. Did you meet your friends in Torquay down there doing that stuff? @j95

yeah i knew one guy down there already and i kind of met all of my other surfing friends through him, they have all been surfing for longer than i have though @Bree-RO
they mostly all live in torquay/juc or further afield at anglesea etc so we go to some cool places and always looking for more

Highlighted

possibly going camping at easter @Bree-RO but not sure yet my mentors wanted to catch up with me they are having easter at their place so if i dont go with my friends i'll see them

That is awesome @j95

maybe wilsons prom, you been there? @Bree-RO

Actually planning a day drive there soon - never been! Is it awesome? @j95

Honestly never been there myself but my friends have they said it’s really cool and surf is pretty good most of the time @Bree-RO 

Are you doing much for Easter?

its kind of another one of those nothing events to me but few days so that’s good.