cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I not valid

I feel like no one respects me. They all call me 'she' and it really gets to me. I've been out over 2 years and yet everyone just makes excuses to not call me my name/pronoun, even the ones closest to me. When will it get better. 

Being trans is a big part of me so because of how people treat me regarding it I don't feel like I'm a valid person. Especially on top of everything else that has happened to me.

Abuse fucks you up and I blame myself for what's happened in my life. I guess I unternalise how people treat me about my gender too. 

Dysphoria sucks and this just makes it worse, I don't know how to change my attitude regarding all this so it doesn't get to me because I can't really change the others, I've tried.

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: Am I not valid

Hey @redhead! First of all, I want to say that you ARE valid. You are important, and you have every right to be referred to in the way that makes you feel comfortable and resonates with how you see yourself.

It really sucks that people in your life don't respect your wishes, especially around something that is SO important to you.

Please know that everyone on the forums respects your choice and endeavours to refer to you how you would like. Although we're not in real life, we support you. Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Hi @redhead
Just as @letitgo has said, you ARE valid. You are you. You are an awesome person!
That really sucks that people keep calling you by that pronoun, unfortunately I have found that it takes people some time to understand and learn about correct pronouns.
Have you explained to them that's not how you want to be addressed?
I'm sorry you've been going through this Smiley Sad
Here for you Heart

Hi there @redhead I'm sorry to hear this Smiley Sad
I can't imagine how hard it is to have people continually not call you by your desired/correct name and pronoun

As @letitgo & @missep have said you are valid and you are important! You are a valued member of the RO community and we accept you as you are! Heart

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hi @redhead
I wanted to check in on you and see how you were going.
We're here for you Heart

@missep idk
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Ah I see @redhead, is there anything you want to talk about at the moment or anything on your mind?

@missep maybe later. My head is too mushu
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

okay @redhead! I understand Smiley Happy