cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Depressed

I've been depressed for the past year, with a looming anxiety slowly sneaking up on me. I initially felt better, but then during an episode, I tried to overdose though fortunately, I'm still here. I've been feeling extremely apprehensive to go to school, fearing it, now it's begun to bite me. However, I've also noticed that I'd begun to splurge on things, buying games and not saving a single dollar. I used to be good at saving, I haven't a clue what happened here. I've also been more sexual, a growing desire to release the pent up feelings. I feel like I'm somewhat addicted to sex (I think about it constantly). like I want to go out and sleep with a bunch of people. I've been craving dangerous, risky activities: like taking drugs and sexual activities. I don't know what's wrong? Anyone in a similar situation? 

Re: Depressed

@velvetrose hi, welcome to ReachOut

I'm sorry that things are difficult for you, have you ever talked to someone about how you feel. Kids helpline (1800551800, or their webchat) is a good place to chat about what's going on.

I've had episodes of switching between low mood, suicidality, risk taking, spending etc too. It can get confusing trying to deal with it all and not knowing what is going on., learning to take a step back from emotions and inpulsivity is something I struggle with on a regular basis, but there is hope. Mindfulness and wise mind helps (google dbt for more info, or I could tell you a bit more if you want) routine also helps, so if school is too hard maybe you could try something else to occupy your time. Self care is also really important, you deserve to take care of yourself and to kind to yourself when going through all of this.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Hey @velvetrose, and thanks for reaching out to us!

@redhead has made some pretty good suggestions  - what do you think of those?

Have you ever seen a psychologist/counsellor about the depression, or anything else? If not, is it something you'd be willing to try?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

hi @velvetrose

how are you today?

it seems the risk taking and switching moods are quite common with depression and anxiety as well

would you consider talking to your school psychologist for some one-one support?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @velvetrose

Just checking in, wondering if you have considered any of this advice?

I think that calling the Kid's Helpline at 1800 55 1800 or Lifeline at 13 11 14 might be a good starting point. There will always be someone on the other end that will pick up and you can talk to them about what you are going through and your feelings.

We are always here for a chat too Smiley Happy