cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to look forward when your always looking back

Hello fellow internet people. 

How does one continue to look forward when you know that the future is something that triggers me well yeah. It ain’t pretty. 

This month brings back so many memories and triggers for me its hard to continue to “be ok”

Re: How to look forward when your always looking back

Hi @Eagle thanks for your post. Firstly I wanted to check that you are okay and able to keep yourself safe tonight? I'm sorry to hear that this month has brought back so many memories and triggers for you. What have been some ways that have helped you through these times before? I'll tag some of our members to see if they can give you some advice and support around this @scared01 @j95 @N1ghtW1ng @Bee

hey @Eagle this is a triggerring time for me to and im hearing how the future is a trigger too. i experience the same thing. what i look at atm when i get this way is to make a list of the things i would like to accomplish int he future, how to achieve them in steps and to also know that times are forever changing. 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @Eagle

I agree with @scared01. Instead of focusing on how will I get through this hard period, focus on the things you want to do, achieve, looking forward to. For example, focusing on a movie that you want to see next month instead of the current month. Days will fly by. 

There has been a lot of stuff on mindfulness, the practice of focusing on the now. I think focusing on the now isn't helpful for everyone. I think the opposite might be good for you (forgot what it's called, maybe mindlessness). It's where you go about your day not focusing anything, just letting your body move about.