cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I am having a hard time

It's never easy or fun trying to act like everything is fine - totally hearing you there!! 

I can relate to a lot of what you've said here with not having the energy in you to really do anything or be able to express your emotions. It's hard. I get it. And it SUCKS!! 

Do you think some of it could be from possible meds you're taking? Like have you seen your GP recently? I'm not saying that's what it all is but sometimes they make it worse? I'm wondering if it would be helpful to meet with your GP to just let them know how you're feeling? They may be able to make some small adjustments that could see huge impairments with your energy and moods? It doesn't always work, but just a suggestion? 

On a side note.. what are you studying at uni? 

Highlighted

@MB95  I am not on any medication at the moment because meds suck.  I am studying a language and international relations. 

Ugh now my sister keeps questioning me and I know it is because she wanted to have MY car to herself but I just want people to let me have the space I need and not get mad when I am not going ok because it isn’t like I am trying to not cope. 

Highlighted

Hmm.. Okay fair enough. They are never fun things to be messing around with that's for sure! Have you seen your GP lately though? Like to let them know how you're feeling? 

That's so cool!!! What language are you studying? I've always wanted to learn a language - wish I'd done one in school!! 

Do you like to travel? 

Is your sister younger or older? And did she want to borrow the car? 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 ,

Sounds like you've had a tough year Smiley Sad.  You've showed real resilience to be able to go back to uni despite how bad you've been feeling.  Additionally, it's so awesome that you're studying language.  I always wanted to learn another language but I don't have a flair for it!

I'm wondering if it is worth talking to your GP about your situation just to offer some options?  If you find that your psychologist aren't helping, do you think a different psychologist might help?  I'm sorry for bombarding you with questions.  

We are all here for you Heart

Highlighted

@MB95 @TOM-RO  I don’t have a regular GP at the moment and I don’t talk to my GP about mental health stuff anyway because gps suck at that. I am NOT looking for another psychologist again no way fuck that sorry but I can’t go through that again so many of them suck and are super annoying and the one I have now at least isn’t super annoying or rude like the others. But psychologists in general only help so much like they just tell you to do something that is literally common sense and then charge you 250 dollars for it.  The only thing they are helpful for me is just having someone to talk to when you cannot talk to anyone else. Like it kind of helps but as far as strategies and actually helping my situation there is nothing left that anyone on this earth can do to make it better. The only thing left is short term get me through the day things. I am sorry this sounds intense but i am just really over hearing the ‘help is out there’ message when it isn’t out there for everyone and I am one of those people who it is not there for. 

I am am just tired of having to fight all the time even during the few hours a night of sleep I get I am constantly fighting and it has been my whole life I am so tired and I just don’t have the energy to keep hoping for something that isn’t going to happen. And I don’t have the energy to keep being assertive about my right to cope in my own way and to have my own opinion on the usefulness of services for my personal situation. I know no one means badly and you don’t know me personally but like I just wish people would understand that when I say something I don’t say it lightly. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 Smiley Happy I don’t think I’ve spoken with you before.. Nice to ‘meet’ you!

I’m so sorry to hear what you are going through but if it helps I kinda feel the same.. so don’t feel like you’re alone. I’m not sure if it’s the same where you are but if you get a referral from a GP to a psychologist or any professional you get the first 10 sessions free so could that be something worth looking into? If that does not apply in your area then maybe only supports could be your best option. I’m sure you’ve heard of them but I’ll remind you anyway.. kids helpline is a FREE online on going counseling place where you can speak to the same person weekly either over the phone or in a live chat kind of like just messaging. There’s also an emailing option but that takes a while to get a reply. Another place similar to kids helpline is eheadspace. They offer the same things. If you’re not looking for on going support then you can also use beyondblue support service or lifeline crisis support. They have both over the phone and live chat options. I hope this helps in someway.. you probably already know these support services.

In the meantime try to be kind to yourself and maybe some self care will help with how you’re feeling in some way Smiley Happy

Never forget you’ve always got us! Reach out will always be here for you and try our best to help (until you turn 26 but there’s other forums like sane forums for people over 18) Heart

I know you’re probably sick of hearing the strategies you can use but it takes time to find the ones fit for you.. not everything works for everyone, you just have to experiment and you will find ones that help more than others and I am more than happy to help you find them Smiley Happy

Thinking of you Heart
Highlighted

@Bananatime04  Hi you too. All of the helplines have made things worse for me. Headspace told me specifically that I was not allowed to contact them ever again because I was too high risk, kids helpline told me I was only allowed to use the phone service which I refuse to do ever again because the second I call they say they will just contact the crisis team because of my history, lifeline just plain sucks so does suicide call back. As I said before when I say there is nothing I mean it and I have exhausted all my available options if I say such things. Either way I am just trying to get by each day and today that is hard. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 ,

I'm so sorry to hear that today has been so difficult for you.  It must be so frustrating to try all those services and not be able to benefit from them.  I can't say much that you haven't heard before other than our thoughts are with you; you are such a valued member of this community Heart; you have regularly been there for others with supportive and understanding posts. 

I also just wanted to check to see if you're safe today?

Highlighted

@Eden1717 That sounds so frustrating that because of your history that the helplines contact the crisis team when you call. I'm sorry you've had poor experiences with lifeline and suicide callback service.

You've probably said it before, but I wondered whether you have been in contact with the crisis team before?

I can appreciate wanting to talk to someone without being given advice or tools to help. Sometimes just talking through things can be beneficial. Is talking through things something you find helpful for you?

I wanted to add that you're showing great strength by reaching out for help here despite having unhelpful experiences with helplines and talking things through Heart

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@TOM-RO @Bee  the crisis team has been nothing but traumatic and unhelpful. All they do is either force you to go to hospital, tell you to keep doing what you were already doing to cope or threaten to tell your family what is going on if you don’t want to go to hospital. They are completely unhelpful and just make me scared stressed and very upset. 

I am having a super hard time with food and eating and it is making me cry and I am not dealing with it I just can’t cope with it and honestly I am so fed up with having to deal it and being back home is just making it so much harder and so much worse.