cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TW: Sexually harassed

Someone keeps sexually harassing me and he won’t leave me alone he wants pictures and sex when I clearly said no he calls at ridiculous hours of the night I’ve blocked him on Facebook but he’s managed to do more further damage I now feel more trapped I’m not sure what sexually harassment is tho I know what sexual assault is because I’ve been there more than once 

Highlighted

Re: Sexually harassed

Hi @gmusicj 

That sounds a lot like sexual harassment...

Some places you can call are the police and 1800respect, if you think either of them can help.

What ways can he contact you through?

We might be able to problem solve some ways to cut him off so that he can't reach you.

Highlighted

Hello @gmusicj I am really sorry to hear that someone is sexually harassing you. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. It sounds really awful that they have been messaging you at night and that they are making you feel trapped. If possible, would you be able to block the persons number on your phone?  Have you contacted the police or spoken to anyone that you trust about this? 

If you are interested in talking to a professional about this there are some helplines that you can call. You can try Relationships Australia or 1800 RESPECT if you would like to have a chat with a trained counsellor about the sexual harassment that you are experiencing.

How have you been looking after yourself lately? Have you found anything that helps when these feelings are really heavy? Heart

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  He called me through Facebook and I blocked he’s just left damage I’m afraid and scared he could reach me some place else or do something to me physically I don’t know if SOCIT will listen to me the sexual offences are child abuse investigation team 

Highlighted

@TOM-RO The only places I’ve told is the 3 forums I’m using like reach out sane and beyond blue and I’m happy that people are sending me email and replying to my post it’s not just the attention of people who care i also feel like I can confine in the support even though I’m able to stay here until the 10th if June is my last day here due to my age I’m 26 the forums are for young people aged 14 to 25 years old I’m studying youth work and I’m learning how to speak to a young young people who are going through tough times I’d definitely recommend if they feel comfortable going onto the reach out forums 

Highlighted

@gmusicj I am glad to hear that you have been sharing your story on different forums. It sounds like you have received quite a bit of support around this. I am glad that you have found the ReachOut forums to be a comfortable place to share.

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling afraid and scared. I think it would be helpful for you to give your local police or SOCIT a call and explain what has been happening to you. You may find that they are able to help and support you through this. If you are comfortable with the idea of speaking to a professional about this, I also recommend that you give 1800 RESPECT a call. You would talk to a counsellor who is trained in sexual assault and domestic violence, and they would be able to support you further through this. Heart
Highlighted

I  don’t know how to move on with a happy life I can’t recover 

Highlighted

That sounds incredibly difficult for you and I can't imagine how hard it must be for you right now. I know that you've been suggested 1800 respect a couple of times on this thread, and I really really strongly recommend that you access their services. Unfortunately RO can't help you as much as we would like when you're in crisis, so it's really important for you to access a service that can Heart

Highlighted

I’ve already talked to them the support here helps

Highlighted

I'm really glad to hear that it was helpful for you Heart