cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I am having a hard time

Hey @Eden1717 

Sorry to hear things were so hard for you early this morning. It sounds like you are extra stressed from being back home. The Christmas/ new year period can be a stressful time for many! It is extra stressful for those who may not have the best relationship with their family, or feel triggered from visiting home for whatever reason like yourself.

I'm glad you've spoken up about it and I hope things improve for you soon. Heart.

Do you think you'll feel better once you leave "home"? 

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO  I don’t think so it is not that I have a bad relationship with my family it is complicated. 

i am having A LOT of trouble with the OCD stuff and the eating stuff is really just getting even harder. 

Highlighted

I am sorry that things are getting harder @Eden1717 Smiley Sad It must feel frustrating to have to struggle and feel as though things are getting worse. It can be a disempowering and demotivating experience. You have mentioned wanting space when you are at home.. if you'd like to share more, is there anything else that makes being home more difficult for you?
Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear that you've had traumatic and unhelpful experiences with the crisis team @Eden1717
Oh Smiley Sad that sounds like it wouldn't be very helpful at all. Do you find having someone say that you're on the right track and continue doing what you are doing, unhelpful for you?
You don't deserve to feel scared, stressed or upset during help-seeking Heart

It sounds like there is a lot going on for you. And coping sounds very challenging. What are you doing to get through?

Sending hugs Heart

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Bee  I do find it frustrating sometimes because I want to scream at people ‘but everything is shit’ 

i woke up up in a panic and I am still shaking I thought I had missed an alert because when I looked out my window it was a yellow and so so so much smoke I am so tired of not being able to sleep and not being able to relax and packing and re packing the same clothes in case we have to run I am sick of choking on the smoke all day and waking up with dry eyes and a sore throat. I am so freakin tired and over this and in comparison to many many other people in our struggling country I don’t have much to complain about. I can usually calm my anxiety by the knowledge that everything is actually ok but this time I can’t because it isn’t ok and I have no way to make it ok, this scary is something I have no way of controlling and I know that is why the ocd stuff is so much worse but there is nothing I can do and I am so sad. 

I couldnt eat yesterday because I was so on edge and just lost my appetite this isn’t ok nothing is ok and I am so tired. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 

That sounds so distressing.  I can only imagine the constant feeling of smoke and it affecting your sleep, eyes, and throat Smiley Sad.  No wonder you're feeling so on edge.  You must be exhausted.  

Are you guys safe where you are (from the bushfires I mean)? 

Highlighted

@TOM-RO  Things are getting worse we are ok for now but are being told to be ready to go at short notice over the next few days. The smoke is getting to everyone and there are no masks left in town and the post has shut down so you can’t ship anything but I have a constant headache and stuffy nose plus dry eyes and throat my sister is getting a cough and I am worried about her and my mum who already has breathing issues. I am worried we will all have health issues in a few years because of how bad the smoke is and has been for a month now. You can see bits of ash falling and cars are covered in ash and dust. It stinks, clothes stink and even the water smells. We are just hoping and praying that the fires can be controlled but we know that isn’t likely. I am exhausted and nearly lost it at my family today because I couldn’t stand the smoke and everything anymore, even though I know they are suffering too. 

Everyone is just tired and angry and mostly sad because we feel helpless. And I am not even in the worst parts of this catastrophe. It makes me so so mad that the government won’t do anything and refuses to act on climate change because some coal companies give them some money what can money do when the whole dam country is on fire even if you have money there isn’t enough people and resources to stop this now that they let it get so big. 

I am not coping not at all but no one is and all I can do right now is try my best to make it through each day but honestly a lot of the time I don’t know if I can I don’t have a lot of energy left in me but I am trying. I just want to breathe actual air. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717 that sounds horrible... I think someone posted a link for dealing with smoke on another thread, would you like me to find it for you?

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  If you would like but don’t feel pressure there is literally nothing you can do there are no more masks and air purifiers are sold out the post has stopped until further notice so you can’t order anything online and even if you close all the windows you end up running out of air plus it is like 40 degrees every stinking day so it is hot as well. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717 

Nothing massively new in this but there might be something:

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/environment/air/Pages/bushfire-protection.aspx

The only other thing is spending some time in public air conditioned building like a shopping center when it gets too hot.

I really hope the smoke clears up soon for you...