cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I am having a hard time

Hi @Eden1717,

I am so sorry to hear how stressful this time is for your family and your community. The impact of bushfire is so tough on individuals and communities on every level; physical, emotional, social, environmental, etc. It is a big, big thing you are coping with and I can't begin to imagine how thick the smoke must be where you are Heart 

I am hearing the helplessness and the fear that has come with the bushfires. Over the next few days if you need a place to share how you are feeling you are more than welcome to chat to us here Heart 

You are so self aware of what you need and when you need it; are there any things you are doing for yourself to get through the day today?

We will be thinking of you, your family and your community these coming days Heart

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

@Eden1717firstly checking in to see how you are today, there have been a couple big posts since your tag.

it's okay to find it frustrating, sometimes I know for me having someone agree with the shittiness of a situation and sitting in that with me for a while helps. Do you think that would be helpful?

I'm sorry to hear you woke in a panic Smiley Sad that sounds very exhausting.
It's okay to feel worried and stressed about the smoke from the fires. Waking up to it being yellow and so smokey would feel so frightening!

I hear that there is a lot of stress around coping with the smoke and worry about short notice if you have to leave. Are you prepared in case you have to leave?

The smoke is affecting lots of places, even far away from the fires, and that's pretty bad, I can't imagine how it would be so when you're closer to them. Seeing ash falling and covering cars sounds frightening!
It's so very understandable that you are feeling exhausted. I hear that there is a lot that is on your mind right now.

I'm thinking of you during this tough time Heart

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Jess1-RO @Bee  I haven’t been able to reply for a while I have been exhausted and stressed and anxious and everytime I think about writing something I just end up scared or crying or both. I also have so much to do in the next few months and I don’t know how I am going to get it all done and I just really need things to not be so all over the place but there is nothing I can do. I keep having nightmares and I feel really snappy and grumpy a lot of the time my eating is an absolute mess and I feel completely out of control with all my mental health stuff I feel like I am stuck on a train all alone and with no access to the brakes and it is getting faster and more wobbly on the tracks and I can’t chose where I go or when I get there and I just have to sit and hope I don’t crash. I feel locked inside myself like I am on auto pilot and outside I am just going through the motions but inside I am thrashing and screaming to let me out of this cage. Nothing feels right and I can’t talk about the things I feel like I need to because it won’t come out. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 

We're thinking of you and really feeling for you. I can imagine why replying would have bought up so many emotions for you. It's overwhelming to be juggling so much, with what is happening in your community as well as feeling challenged by your mental health. 

You mentioned feeling like you can't talk about things because it won't come out. I just wanted to acknowledge how incredible it is that you're able to come here and unpack some of what you're going through, considering it is hard for you to do.

We are here to listen when you need us to. It does sound like you could use some self care with how exhausted and stressed you've been - is there anything you can think of that would help you relax? 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO  I can’t really relax I am not sure how to describe it but I physically cannot as well as mentally. I am feeling weird tonight I found some old papers from when I had the hearings for the treatment orders I was on and it made me feel weird. I still can’t say things.       

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 

Finding reminders of past experiences can be really strange. Especially if you weren't meaning to find the papers! I try to keep things that make me feel weird in one box together, so that I only see those things if I want to. 

How are you feeling today? It must be really hard being unable to relax. Do you mind if I ask how often that happens? 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO  it happens pretty much 24/7 but gets worse than usual at times. I feel bad today I feel not very good physically as well and I am very stressed and tired and I keep hearing things and having weird thoughts but I cannot talk about the things I feel like I need to with anyone and it is stressful and I just want to scream and cry. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717

I am sorry to hear that you really struggled with your physical and mental health over the past couple of days. It must be so difficult to have to manage both things, especially at the same time. It might be a good idea to let yourself scream and cry, as while giving yourself space to experience such emotions can be very cathartic. While I can't guarantee that it will make you feel better, it could prevent you from feeling worse from locking down, and not acknowledging your emotions. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717 

It is absolutely okay that you took your time to respond Heart
I'm hearing that it's hard to find words to describe how your feeling or that feel right. Is this correct?As @Bre-RO said it's incredible that you're able to come and unpack some of what is going on for you.

Finding those papers sounds like it was a challenging experience, are you feeling any better about it now?

I can imagine how stressful and frustrating it is to feel like you can't talk about the things you need to with anyone. I wonder if writing them down or just saying them out loud to yourself may help? I know for me when I am feeling similar about talking about something, writing it or talking to myself about it can sometimes help because I've released it from my brain. Do you think this is something you'd be interested in?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO  Crying doesn’t help lately. 

@Bee Idk I still feel bad about the papers more scared really. I have tried sitting to write things down but I can’t do that either I literally cannot express it I even tried doing some art and couldn’t do that either. 

I am having a hard day today and feel weird and I am struggling to do basic tasks I want to do things but I just feel like stuck in my head and I am not sure how to break out enough to start functioning again, I think from all the stress I have just shut down kind of but I can’t process the stress or get rid of it so I am just stuck very very very stuck. It is even hard to physically talk at all. I keep messing up my words and I know the words but they don’t come out right or I just stop in the middle of saying them and I feel like tired and also restless. I am just not really coping at all not even a little if I am honest but there is no room for that so instead my head has decided I can just not do anything else either. Even if it is something I want to do I am stuck.