cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In two worlds

So I made this post about my dad last night about how he's sending me abusive messages and texts but I got a call at 2 this morning from my mum saying that he is in hospital now. even though, legally I'm not really supposed to see him and neither is mum or anyone (she sees him a lot now), i feel like i should go and see him in the hospital.

mum is encouraging me and wants me to go but im so torn.

as in, he is my dad and it's a good thing to go and see him, especially cause its pretty serious and he could be there for a while but a part of me is saying jay don't give him any of your time he doesnt deserve it. 

im so confused and lost tonight Smiley Sad hasnt been a good weekend, obviously.

jay. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: In two worlds

sorry if you are all getting sick of my posts about my stupid family.
Highlighted
IAF

I think you should call Kids Helpline on 1800551800 to help you better, but in my opinion, the decision comes back down to you and what you want to do. If you have orders given to you by the police to stay away from your dad, then I think you should call the police and talk to them about what you can do.

If you want to feel safe, then let the police know what's hapened and let them know what you want to do, but can't do.

if you want to feel safe, than you need to let the police know, because they can help you better & keep you safe.

Thanks.
I've tried kids helpline but the wait time was too long and when I did get through the bloke on the other end was just as useless as anything and ended up hanging up on me.
IAF

We never get the counsellors we want and we have always had bad experiences with counsellors.

Is there another family member you can reach out to? If not, then go to the police, because if you are within a domestic violence environment, then you need to get help.

OR, alternatively, you can call the hospital your dad's at and check up on him through the drs & explain your reasons to why you can't see him.

Take that first step and see how you go. Let your mum know what hospital he's in. Call the hospital and see what his condition was and what happened and take it from there.

Goodluck.

I have siblings, but most of them are still in foster care and don't know about this yet. I do have an older brother though, haven't seen him in ages. Mum's been with Dad and even though I have calling her and calling her she won't tell me anything.

I think calling the hospital is the best idea then.

"is there another family member you can reach out to? If not, then go to the police, because if you are within a domestic violence environment, then you need to get help"

I was but I'm not now. I got put into foster care when I was 15, I'm 19 now.
IAF

Okay.. Well, talk to your foster parents about what you want to do and how it's making you feel.

Try calling the hospital and see how he is there by speaking to the doctors there, if you can do that?

Well I'm not on care anymore, and I don't have contact with them anymore.

Yeah I tried the hospital they can't tell me anything for "privacy" reasons but I guess I will just go in there myself...

Hey @j95 

This sounds like a really tricky situation.

The choice to see your dad is up to you and ultimately that is something you have to decide. However there are plenty of resources out there and can help with this choice... the idea of calling kids help line is great so im sorry that did work. What about your local headspace? Its a free service and they have all sorts of people that can help  http://www.headspace.org.au/headspace-centres

If that isnt possible is there anyone else you can ask for advise from? a friend, a family member or even a local counsellor or social worker? 

I wouldnt go and see your dad until you are ready and know you will be ok with it. And once you have/ if you decide to it will be important to have someone there supporting you after :-) 

let us know how you go