cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loneliness

I just found out about this website and I think it’s going to be very helpful for me, so very often I feel lonely and I have no one to talk to I have friends but i never tell them what I go through and I have a girlfriend but not even her I tell anything I keep everything to myself and I feel trapped, if anyone have any advice for me I will appreciate it 

Re: Loneliness

Hey @Cristian2002 welcome to ReachOut Smiley Happy

I'm really glad to hear that you're keen on using the forums and that it could be a really useful way for you to build some healthy coping strategies, and hearing some advice from other people in your position.

Just giving you a heads up that I've just moved you're post to the Something's Not Right forum. Normally we like to keep posts about talking about mental health in our Tough Times forums (which you can find here) just so we can make sure we are all on the same page, and so that you can get some more helpful interactions with our community! 

- Andrea

Hi @Cristian2002, sounds like although you’ve got people around you, you’re still feeling lonely and like you can’t talk to anyone about it. That’s really tough! 

I wonder what your main goal is at the moment, is it to cope with the loneliness in a healthy way? To make more friends? To feel closer to your current friends and girlfriend? 

Something that helps me when I’m lonely is to make sure I’m making time to listen to and validate myself! I find journalling, creative writing, music and art really good ways of expressing myself when I don’t have anyone to talk to. Other people might find things like praying or positive self talk to be useful. 

Here to listen Smiley Happy 

Hey @Cristian2002 it sounds like you're experiencing some really heavy and upsetting emotions right now, it's really awful to feel lonely even around other people Smiley Sad
@DruidChild had some really good ideas for handling loneliness, and i wanted to thank you for reaching out to us for support <3
You mentioned feeling trapped and not being able to talk about what you've been going through with your friends or girlfriend, it can be so hard to bring up hard topics or to put how we feel into words sometimes Smiley Sad was there anyone you would feel able to talk to about how you've been feeling?
Here for you xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a Slow-Mo Getting Real chat on Family Changes during the week running from the 7-11th of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Sounds like you're lucky you found this forum. Good chance, most people on this forum feel similar to
what you just wrote. Congrats for posting.