cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not again

I dunno why I feel sad or whatever. Makes zero sense and is stupid.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

Re: Not again

@Bay52VU 

Sometimes it's okay to be sad and not know the reason why. If it keeps going on for a while though, it's important to talk to people about it. Whether it's a friend, family memeber or even a counsellor.

I hope you are feeling better today. Why don't you check in with me at some point and let me know how you're going?

lanejane
Highlighted

@Bay52VU  It can be really tough when you feel down, and don't know why, but trying to work out why you're feeling crappy or sad can be the first step to feeling better.  You might want to check out this fact sheet about feeling sad and figuring out why/what to do next.  Hope you're feeling better soon!

There's really not much point talking to anyone, since no one else can do anything about it.

It's not even like it's a major sad feeling, and can dissolve within an hour if I act appropriately. It just really chafes going from feeling awesome to feeling like this, to thoughts that can easily bend too far from real logic. Like "I could get back that good feeling if I brought myself close to the edge" - whatever destructive method of the day. 

Hey @Bay52VU,

It's interesting that you said you can get your mood to lift if you act appropriately. What kind of things tend to work for you to redirect your mood to be more positive? Sounds like you might want to be doing some of those things now, if you're facing some self-destructive impulses. Give it a go?

blithe

It would just be a matter of somehow getting absorbed in something else. It won't work tonight though, cause it's too late for starting anything. 

*nodnod*

Well, I hope you can have a chilled out night tonight, and that some of those techniques work to help you have a better day tomorrow. Smiley Happy @Bay52VU 

blithe

Right now things are awesome and I'm feeling great. But give it a couple of days max and I'll be back in that spot, wondering why I didn't quit the game while I was ahead.

The good thing is you don't only know your problem but also know the solution so I think you don't have a very serious problem. Just try to prolong your feelings of happiness and try to do things more that make you feel good about you. 

I don't see how that's even a slightly realistic solution.