cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old thoughts TW

For quite a while I haven't been having thoughts of self-harm. I've still been having suicidal thoughts, but no desire to self harm. Lately, it's back, and I need to tell my psychologist but I'm scared because things have been ok and now all that progress is ruined. I feel tired and horrible. 

Re: Old thoughts TW

@BlurryphacedSometimes you will feel strongly triggered or may be because you're tired / have had a stressful week and a negative interaction with someone may be enough to have those thoughts. So if you haven't had thoughts of self-harming for a while.. next time it will take longer. Also, the great news here is that "you have no desire to self-harm". It's all about perspective taking so don't forget how far you have come and hold yourself with kindness. Have you ever tried calling kids helpline or suicide callback service?

Hi @Blurryphaced
thank you for being brave and sharing.
I think that you are showing a lot of self-awareness and recognising that you are having these thoughts again and knowing that you have to tell your psychologist will not ruin your progress. I still see that as progress!
How have you been feeling recently?

i have feelings and thoughts of self harm but i always stop myself. but i don't know why i do. i think its because i am trying to realize that not everything is terrible. when life is repeatedly hitting you you block all the hits and save yourself. in the end it will be worth because you persevere and you won the battle.

Heart Beautiful words @cemetarygirl332 Are you safe right now? Would you consider having a confidential chat with KHL (they work with 14-25 years olds) online here or by calling 1800 55 1800?

Those are beautiful words @cemetarygirl332 Heart
It's really good that you recognise life is worth living and the importance of perseverance.
Have you seen your psychologist recently?
Here for you Heart