cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW Feeling Miserable and Stuff

[R@Taylor-RO I am the only one who’s out at school. There used to be another trans person a few years ago (but I never ran into him, or if I did, I didn’t know he was trans), who has since left the school.

It’s kind of funny because going inactive doesn’t hurt or anything, and from what I’ve seen with some of my systemmates is that they actually benefit from it sometimes  (as in, they feel more energised/awake after a few hours if one of them wakes up mentally tired). And there’s no issue with trust (it helps to be able to read anyone else’s mind in here), but it’s just scary to think that I’d not be awake for a little while, even though sometimes that’s what I want for a longer time than say a couple of hours for one person to do whatever they want.

It has happened on one occasion with A, which was only a few days ago (the other time was almost a year ago, which happened to D instead). The interesting thing was when it happened to A was that she sort of felt it contradicted what she wanted. She wanted to die, but she still wanted to stay alive for everyone else in the system. She’s doing okay now. She’s a nice person. Smiley Happy

[A] There have only been a few occasions that’s happened, but what usually happens is R eventually switches back, whether by choice or by accident, and then I just go inactive and feel better later on. I’ve gotten dysphoria though without even feeling connected to our body or being switched in (not a nice feeling).

I’m not sure what you mean by “particular decisions”. That’s okay, thanks for asking.

I also think R forgot to say. She hasn’t contacted Lifeline because she was preoccupied with doing stuff with our mum. I think she’s doing okay. I might try and hang around for a while to make sure she’s alright.

Highlighted

[A] Bleh... Just switched in for a blood test, and it turns out I’m worse with needles than R. I panicked a bit and our mum kept telling me I’d done this before (only R actually has), and it wasn’t a fun experience at all. It’s done now though. R’s awake again and thinks maybe I shouldn’t take the next blood test and that someone else should instead.

Highlighted

Hey @SomeoneNADJS Smiley Happy
Sorry I haven’t been very active with posting.. I’ve just been a bit down.

Blood tests suck! I absolutely hate them.. how are you feeling now after getting through it? Smiley Happy also does your mum know about you being plural?
Highlighted

[R@Bananatime04 That's okay. A's now inactive but when I was talking to her before I think she was glad she wouldn't be the one to get them next time Smiley Happy Our mum still doesn't know (yet*).

@SomeoneNADJS thats alright Smiley Happy
Are you planning on telling your mum? If you struggle coming up with how you want to open up, we can help you plan it Smiley Happy

Do you have anything on for the day?
Highlighted

[R@Bananatime04 Not at the moment. I think a few of us would like to if it weren't for all of the stuff we're afraid of. We don't have anything else on for the rest of the day except mucking around and trying to do the voice exercises from yesterday's appointment.

[A] I'm making an edit. I would ideally like our mum to know about me, but I think another problem R didn't think of was that it might look weird if we share a body, and I know it'd probably look really strange to see more than one person with the same appearance.

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS It’s ok you don’t have to, no pressure Smiley Happy just thought I would offer so you know you can come here when/if you feel up to it.
How was meeting your speech pathologist yesterday?
Highlighted

[R@Bananatime04 Thank you. Speech pathologist went alright, but the prescribed exercises are a lot harder than I thought. The good news is that she doesn't think our voice sounds deep, and I found out I could go a lot higher than I thought.

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS that’s good Smiley Happy Do you reckon the exercises will help you?
Highlighted

[R@Bananatime04 I hope so. I don't think I'm doing them right though.