cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TW: Feeling stressed, tired and overwhelmed right now

Hi everyone,

The past few weeks have been stressful with group assignments at uni (group of 10) and the upcoming weeks will just be even more stressful as I have more deadlines to meet. I thought I would share my thoughts, feelings or whatever they are here, while I wait for an extension to be approved for an assignment. I'm also considering disclosing my diagnosis to apply for special consideration as I think I'm very close to a mental breakdown

Highlighted

Re: TW: Feeling stressed, tired and overwhelmed right now

Hi @hunginc,

I'm sorry to hear that things have been so stressful for you lately and it definitely sounds like you have a lot on your plate. You're always welcome to share or unburden what's going on with you here and I'm glad to see that you've also been reaching out to get some help and support, which you definitely deserve.

Given everything that's been going on, what do you think are some things you can do to try and take care of yourself tonight?

Highlighted

@TOM-RO I will try and relax for the time being and try not to panic too much while I wait for my lecturer to approve an extension for an assignment that is due tomorrow (Yes, I know)...

Highlighted

@hunginc I can definitely understand why you would find it hard to relax in such a situation, but it also sounds like that you've done your best and all you can do is try to take care of yourself this moment Cat Frustrated

Highlighted

@TOM-RO I pretty much finished that 10-person group assignment by myself with 4-5 hours sleep that was due two weeks ago (I did get some help from two other members). Since then, I have felt mentally fatigued if you will and still trying to work on upcoming assignments like the one due tomorrow night. While saying all of this my mental health, I feel, is getting worse so I went to see my GP today to get some paperwork done and also some Valium as a short-term solutio

Highlighted

@hunginc It sounds like that you've been through a lot in the past couple of weeks and with everything that you're going through now, it would put a strain on anybody's mental health Smiley Sad 

I'm glad that you were able to see your GP today, but I hope that you can keep checking in with us and everyone else about how you're travelling, @hunginc and I hope you can definitely try to get some rest tonight

Highlighted

Hey there @hunginc 

I'm sorry to hear about the stress you are feeling with university assignments! It is nice to see that you took action with how you were feeling and went to the doctor.

I personally have a disability access plan at my university and it helps to get extensions without documentation and also apply for special considerations too without documentation too. This has been really helpful for me throughout the uni year so maybe this could be something you can look into to help relieve stress for future times!

Highlighted

@sunnygirl606 Yea, I am going to talk to my uni's equity learning services on Monday to see if I what kind of support they can provide me given my Bipolar I diagnosis

Highlighted

Sounds like a good plan @hunginc I wish you luck with it Heart

Highlighted

Group assignments can be so stressful @hunginc. Smiley Sad I personally prefer individual assignments because like you, I usually end up doing all the work by myself when the other people don't.
I really hope you get that extension and that the equity learning services at your university end up being helpful. Fingers crossed for Monday! Smiley Happy