Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Feeling worse after sexual harassment

I’m having a lot trouble and my trauma is hurting 

Highlighted

That sounds really tough @gmusicj Heart It is so great that you are open to reaching out for support. Do you still talk to your counsellor and psychologist? They might be able to help come up with some tools and strategies to help you get through moments like this.
Highlighted

I don’t really have anyone to talk my NDIS coordinator is the only person who cares about my mental health and if my psychologist isn’t doing the right thing and she won’t talk to me about it the trauma gets worse and I can’t let it run my life 

Highlighted

Hey @gmusicj - I'm so sorry to hear that past trauma is getting to you Smiley Sad. From what I gather from your posts, it sounds like you have an NDIS coordinator and a psychologist. It's good that you have some professional supports in place.

Has your distress from the trauma gotten worse since COVID or?

Highlighted

No it just started getting worse like 3 or 4 days ago the trauma is getting worse 

Highlighted

@gmusicj I'm sorry you're feeling the trauma you went through more. Trauma is funny like that, sometimes you don't think about it and other times it can weigh heavier than usual. It's hard riding that out - do you have any close people to you that you could lean on while you're feeling this way? 

Highlighted

No 

Highlighted

Hi @gmusicj, I am sorry that you don't feel like you can lean on anyone in those times. Would you feel comfortable calling a helpline such as 1800 RESPECT and speaking to a trained counsellor? You may find their support to be helpful in those times. It sounds like there is a lot going on for you, do you have any self-care activities planned for tonight? Heart
Highlighted

I don’t know how to self care 

Highlighted

I am sorry to hear that that is the case @gmusicj. Everyone is unique with what activities they find are best for self-care. Is there an activity that you find relaxing/distracting that you could do to help you feel better? Some people might watch some videos (funny ones help), play games, or have a nice shower/bath. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now, are you safe?