cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Idk how to deal with 'paralysed' feelings. My friends aren't real friends.

Thanks guys. I'll try. Talk later!

Re: TW: Idk how to deal with 'paralysed' feelings. My friends aren't real friends.

How are you going today @xXLexi_Lou122Xx? Did you have a good meeting with your chaplain? Smiley Happy 

Hey @DruidChild. It was good! But I didn't get a very good sleep... I kept looking around instead of keeping friendly eye contact...
Otherwise, I had a good milkshake. Chocolate... my fav!
I am still having thoughts, but I am safe. Just drawing a butterfly, and wrapping myself in a warm blanket tightly.

Man... I haven't been feeling good lately. My blood pressure has been really low, and I just had a stomach upset. I feel so very afraid. I just want it all to stop hurting.

I can't just let myself be happy. I can't just trust anyone. Idk what I'm doing wrong. My body is clearly telling me to stop thinking about it. Distractions aren't working either. How do I cope?

I’m glad that you had a good time with your chaplain @xXLexi_Lou122Xx. Chocolate milkshakes are my fave! Smiley Very Happy

I’m really sorry you’ve been feeling so bad lately. What supports do you have right now in terms of counsellors or doctors? I think your plan of drawing and wrapping up in a blanket is great. Maybe you could watch a funny movie or make yourself a hot drink? You’re not doing anything wrong; things are just rough sometimes. With time and support they won’t hurt so much Heart

Well done for using coping strategies!

I'm sorry about how bad you've been feeling though...

I just wanted to remind you that even though it sucks, it's okay to feel bad. You can get through this.

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx one thing that I use if I'm really overwhelmed is meditation/ breathing exercises. It doesn't fix the problem, but it helps give me a break from feeling the weight of everything that's on my mind.

Thanks guys.
@DruidChild, I don't exactly have anyone. I can't go to my gp, without my mum taking me. As I'm too young to have a licence, and my relationship with my gp is for medical problems. Not mental health. Another downside, my guidance counselor is going on her honeymoon for the entire term... it's her long service leave. So I have no one at school. Although... there is a chaplain at church, but I can only see her if she's at church, and I think she's also going on leave.... a lot of my supports are leaving for the term. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Not even my year co is there for me. Well... she does check-in with me, but that isn't exactly enough...

I am proud of myself for using coping strategies. The butterfly definitely helped. So did the chocolate block I bought. I literally just sat there, ate a few squares, and watched youtube. Best combination ever.

Thanks for being here guys. I really needed it last night.

Highlighted

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

GPs are there for your mental health as well. They can help refer you to the right people. Do you think you could maybe say to your mum “I haven’t been for a check up in a while so would I be able to go?” Or something like that if you aren’t comfortable sharing why you need to. Then you could ask if you could go in alone.. is this something you can do? That way your GP can help you find someone that’s right for you that you can see while your counsellor is on leave.. I know how hard it is to not have your main support.. both my kids helpline counsellor and school counsellor I’ve been to have all been on leave at some point but it’s important that you have someone so that you don’t feel alone and you have someone to talk to.

also don’t forgot you’ve always got us! We won’t go on leave! 😛

im super proud of you for finding strategies that are right for you! Thats something I have yet to do! Well done for treating yourself to some chocolate and YouTube too! Let me guess.. pimple popping videos? 😛😆

and happy Easter Lexi! Hope you have a good day and I hope church is fun!