cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Unsure how to face my intense feelings and personal flaws

Hi there, thank you for your words.

I used to play football a lot but now I prefer to go to the gym, run and do other exercises at home. I also like to play guitar and I want to play live but I am not near the level I have to be at to do so, plus there's costs and everything. I also enjoy reading, learning languages and going for walks but I rarely do go outside on my free days. I'm not sure why because I love being outside and amongst everything. I have tried telephone counselling before and it does work very well although I feel now that it is probably not something I could do regularly as it feels very rushed. It's possible that I have just had some bad encounters in the past, I will definitely try again. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi @Paijache! I think your hobbies sound really cool. Smiley Happy
I'm glad that telephone counselling has helped you in the past.
Have you ever thought of trying online services such as email? I believe that Kids Helpline  and eHeadspace offer email services. I've heard that some people prefer email services because it allows them to provide more information than over the phone.
There are also other online services, such as moodgym and Mindspot  where you can find courses that you can complete at your own pace. They could be helpful for people who can't easily access face to face services, or to practice skills in between sessions with your psychologist.

Highlighted

Hello, thanks for your reply. 

I haven't heard about e-mail correspondence. I'll probably try it. Do you know a link I could use to get some more information? I have tried both. I didn't stick to them. I wish I'd had because I know that it works and it is very useful to do but the consistency is the problem.

Hey @Paijache 

Here is a link to eheadspace to webchat with a counsellor - https://headspace.org.au/eheadspace/

Here is a link to the Kids Helpline webchat https://kidshelpline.com.au/get-help/webchat-counselling

Hope you find these helpful.