cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW for disccosiation

@TOM-RO so my stomach apparently just... filled itself with acid or destroyed its own protective barrier or something.

It's mostly harmless short term, just very painful. Apparently mine was fairly severe for heartburn.

Anyway it wasn't a heart attack like the health direct person assumed.

But it was probably for the best I went anyway because they could still help a bit and give me some meds.

Basically I'm going to have heartburn pain for a few days while my stomach sorts itself out.

Also I was told off for not drinking enough water, so they ended up putting me on a drip to get everything back to normal.

Highlighted

Oh, and the horrible dizziness I've been having may have been related to the dehydration so yay!

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf , 

I'm so glad to hear that you went and got checked out and that you got some relief from those good hospital meds! Bad heartburn can be incredibly painful, I once had gastritis from a bad stomach bug (where the lining of your stomach becomes inflamed and starts to bleed) and it was awful - I'm hoping the meds gave you some good relief, and that you had some good rest last night.  Getting on a drip when you're dehydrated can feel like magic too! 

I have saved this meme to my phone to remind myself, and thought I'd share it to you too - drinking water is good! (I am such a mum sometimes I know) 

don`t forget, drink water, get sunlight. you`re basically a house ...

Check out our community activities calendar for April 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO urgh it was terrible...

Felt like my internal organs were being simultaneously stabbed and set on fire. Did not enjoy. 0/10.

Plus my groaning scared my cat so I had to be quiet as possible because she looked at me like I was a ghost or something. Very stressful times..

And then the Health Direct person decided I was having a heart attack and was like "get an ambulance. Are you sure you don't want an ambulance? I am recommending that you get an ambulance." And she just keep saying ambulance. It was very stressful.

Mum and I decided there was a low enough risk of me dying then and there that we just drove there.

The nurses agreed that was probably wise.

The drip was just weird... my entire body felt like liquid it was so confusing.

I've saved that on my phone too..

I really need to start treating myself more like a houseplant...

Highlighted

That sounds like a really full on day @Tiny_leaf - it sounds like you definitely did the right thing calling HealthDirect but it would've been stressful going through that experience Smiley Sad I've had the same thing happen once with one of my kids, they definitely need to err on the side of caution with their advice and I get that, but it can definitely be pretty stressful.

I'm so glad you're doing ok - and I know it's simple stuff but I try and treat myself like a houseplant too!! I am currently drinking a huge glass of water and am about to have a walk outside in the sun. Dehydration can be very unpleasant and it definitely can sneak up on you, I am finding I am drinking less water than usual at home at the moment so I'm trying to be super mindful of it. 

Highlighted

@Janine-RO it really was, I have a terrible headache now...

I'm going to try to convince one of my parents to take me to office works.

I'm going to adapt Bannanatime's bullet journal idea into a self care guide that I can edit.

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  I hope you are feeling better soon. Yeah electrolytes are a difficult thing they really need to be balanced or all sorts of nasty things can happen. Good luck with the journal. 

Highlighted

That sounds like a great idea, I know @Bananatime04  has heaps of great bullet journal ideas Smiley Happy I went down a small rabbit hole looking at different bullet journal ideas on pintrest and google yesterday evening, there's so many great ideas out there! I really like the idea of a self care guide that you can edit. 

Highlighted

Oh for - a day after hospital and I'm apparently still finding the electrodes they put on me.

Highlighted

Wow @Tiny_leaf that sounds pretty full on! I hope you are feeling better now. Heartburn is the worst. Smiley Sad

I hope it didn't hurt too much to take off the electrodes. The hospital I go to tends to do ECGs on me before I have surgeries because I get tachycardia and I remember feeling as though they were ripping off bandaids. Smiley Sad

Good luck with the self-care guide! I did something similar the other day. Smiley Happy