cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure of what to do

I'm kinda unsure of what to do with myself at the moment, for the past week I've been feeling pretty shit and down but for most of it  I've been in a headspace where I know I need to do something to improve how I'm feeling but have reached a point where I've kinda just given up and sat with the feelings.  It's just tough at the moment.

Re: Unsure of what to do

Hey @FootyFan26, we are here for you!

Sometimes we feel stuck and aren’t sure where to go next. It is so difficult to make that next step but it’s great to see that you have reached out for some support. That is so brave if you! Have you felt this way before? If you have, what have you previously done that has helped?

If you’ve never felt this way before or just needing some tips, here is an article about helping with a crap mood.. hopefully this can give you some ideas.

Let us know how you are travelling! 

—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford

Thanks @T4ils, I have felt like that before and this is kinda the second thread I've made about it recently. I've read the article but it's not really helpful as it's kinda stuff I already know.

hey buddy @FootyFan26 thats a pretty tough place to be hey. we are here for you 

has something brought this on to make you feel like this again?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 not really, I don't really know why it's happening which makes it harder to deal with.

that does make it tough @FootyFan26 ive had experiences like your having  and they are quite difficult. 

hmm can you remember what mightve helped you the last time you felt like this?

i find when i get into a rut, talking to others via fb, here or in real life can sometimes help as well as doing something i really enjoy to get a sense of accomplishment.. could maybe something like this help you?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I haven't really had a time where I could figure out what was going on @scared01. Sometimes doing stuff I enjoy doesn't help although when you get to a point of not really being able to take care of yourself you don't even do things that you enjoy.

@FootyFan26 I'm sorry you're feeling like this. Are you currently seeing a counselor or have tried talking to one of the counselors at Kids Help Line? 

Sometimes it can be hard to know what's causing these feelings. Has this impacted your daily routine in some way? You mentioned earlier you've now been just sitting with these feelings and that sounds like a pretty brave thing to do. Of course it's very hard to just be with these feelings but sometimes it's the right thing to do for that time. Have you previously just sat with feeling like this and how was that process for you?

Sorry for all the questions in one post!

@Mona-RO I haven't really used KHL and don't see a counselor. It hasn't really changed my routine as such but it has made it a bit more difficult to get through certain tasks sometimes. There have been a lot of times where I've sat through the feelings and I find it pretty difficult. A lot of the time it either gets very upsetting or I'll just kinda withdraw and try to be by myself.

No need to apologise for questions Smiley Happy

@FootyFan26 would you be up for seeing a counselor or talking to KHL? The counseling process can be very helpful in unpacking stuff and peeling the layers so to speak. There's a lot to be said for the extended one-on-one interaction. 

I'm glad you are able to get through your day more or less the same way as before but I hear that it's made certain tasks more difficult. It's totally understandable how doing some things would be harder when feeling this way. 

Yes I hear you, sitting with difficult feelings is one of the most challenging things to master as human beings but kudos to you for giving it a shot. Do you have specific thoughts that start bubbling up when you're sitting with these feelings? If so, have you tried identifying them and maybe writing them down?