cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: trigger

You're stronger than you realise @redhead.

@FootyFan26 brought up some excellent points. And you have as well, your letters and messages to yourself that you've shared, or maybe those that you haven't shared.

You can survive this date, can you plan to do something with your mates? Go to the movies maybe?

I know it's been tough, but so are you. We are here, and we care.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

I don't know what to say @redhead I guess I'm just lost for words because you are such a valued member of our Reach Out community, you've been here as long as I have and I can't imagine it without you. So when I read this post and read of the feelings you're experiencing I was a bit lost with what to say but still wanted to offer my support. 

You are so deserving of living, from what you've told me you have so much to look forward to in the near future like starting your course at TAFE and I think that's great and I'm sure even better more exciting  things will follow. You are important and loved, and everyone at RO, as well and your friends and family want to see you get through this really tough time. Let me know how you are ok? 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Heya @redhead, I'm worried about you and the statement you made about having to die. Are you planning to harm yourself? We all want to see you get through this anniversary safely, and make sure you have the support available for this to happen.

@ElleBelle it doesn't matter. None of this matters. I shouldn't have said anything. Why was I so stupid.

I'm so sorry everyone. This means a lot. I'll reply more tomorrow, I can't deal with this atm. I'm sorry
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

No need to apologise @redhead, and please try to be kind to yourself. It's really cool that you trust us enough to be open and honest about what's going on in your life. We will always care about your safety and help you in any way we can, even if that involves just listening. I hope tomorrow brings a more positive perspective, and please check in and let us know how you're going.

Hey @redhead it's okay. You don't need to apologise. Sometimes things can get overwhelming and you need a break or some time to work through what you're feeling. I think the poetry idea was a great way to help and I hope it did. We're here for you, redhead. Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@redhead there really isn't a need to say sorry. We all understand it's a hard time for you and that you may need some time for things and as @ElleBelle said be kind to yourself.

Hey @redhead, everything sounds like its been overwhelming for you. I'm so glad to hear that you have relised that you needed a break from the forums and will reply the next day. I hope you can employ the same strategies when you are feeling overwhelmed during the day. Its super positive.

Your doing realy well, and we all appreciate that your keeping in touch with us online here at RO. Please keep us posted, you can get through this, even if you don't think you want to. There are so many people who care about you.

Lahna

Hey @redhead

Dates are triggering for me too, particularly one date in mind where I survived something terrible that still no doctor or medical professional can explain how I actually made it through. The point is, I did though and so did you. We survived and for a reason.

I believe you still have a lot of life to live and a lot to give. It's incredibly difficult when you feel the exact opposite but you can get through this @redhead. You're more than capable.

I had many moments personally where I was angry that I survived, that I could not even put a stop to my own life properly. But, I've come to realise that I was in fact very lucky and when I think of the odds now, I'm still in awe that I'm here. You will one day come to a point where you do value your life and be glad you pulled through. You can't imagine that now I know but trust me when I say, neither did I and it will occur for you too. Just hang in there. Minute by minute. Moment by moment. You're strong. You CAN do this!

One other thing I wanted to point out, was that apart of you must want to live still and get well. You've reached out for help in this point concerning a trigger, a big one. That makes me thing some part of you is still fighting. Somewhere. You just got to find it and nuture it and it will transform, blossom, grow and evolve into everything you've wanted life to be ⭐

Hey everyone. Just thought I would update you all on the situation.
I ended up telling my therapist about the date and the plans I had for that date. I was put in hospital for a few days to be kept safe. At first I was really angry about it but now I accepted that I survived the date once more.
It was a hard thing to accept but now I want to look to my future and devote myself to my friends, my studies, and to therapy this year.

I really appreciate all the support I had from the forums. It meant a lot. I liked looking back over them tonight. I consider people here at RO my friends. You are all a fantastic bunch of people who are so kind and supportive, who helped me look after myself when I really didn't want to. I love you guys.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire