cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Rattata
Contributor

@WheresMySquishy Hey! I also consider myself asexual. There really are a lot of misconceptions about it, a particularly harmful one being that asexuality isn't part of the LGBT+ community, but I believe the representation is slowly becoming more visible.

I also consider myself queer in that I am a wlw and many people seem to think that these two things can't go hand in hand. It's very annoying when people make assumptions like that, particularly because I am still trying to understand my own identities, particularly asexuality (sometimes I feel more asexual and sometimes I feel more demisexual). 

I personally don't like putting a label on anything because it's restrictive and personal to me so I try to keep labels just for me to try understanding how I feel in that moment so it's difficult when you start opening up and people expect a label or to answer all their intrusive questions.

I wish more people understood that we don't owe them a label and to not make assumptions about our identity if we do give them a label.

More people just need to understand asexuality better as a whole and not make ignorant comments about someone identity(s).

Label or not. You are valid. Your identity is valid. No one else can tell you how you feel.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Who rated this post