cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Taylor-RO
Uber contributor

Hi @Lime_Walrus, it sounds like you are in a really tough situation. From what you have mentioned, you are a really good friend who is trying their best to help. Your friend is really lucky to have someone like you on their side. Reaching out to Kids Helpline and making a post here are some really awesome steps that you have taken, so great job! In fact, the counsellors at Kids Helpline are trained professionals designed to help in these kinds of situations. I am sorry to hear that you felt pressured to share information but there are other similar services available like Kids Helpline, if you feel comfortable giving them a go.

Everyone is different but sometimes positive statements can feel unrealistic when you are feeling really down and hopeless. This could be what is happening for your friend.. but letting them know that you are there for them can make a world of difference. You can't force someone to get help or to talk about what is going on but it can help to know that there is someone out there who is ready to listen if you ever feel like opening up 😀 We have some articles here about how you can talk to a friend - I would really encourage you to have a read if you've got the time, particularly 'what to do when someone doesn't want help'. If you ever think someone is in danger or is at risk as a result of what’s going on, it’s important that you seek help immediately.

I am also wondering if you have thought of getting some support for yourself? I imagine that this must be really stressful and difficult for you to go through. You don't have to do this alone and we are here to listen ❤️

Who rated this post