Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Anzelmo
Builder

Hi @Onion

I definitely feel you! I'm also at uni at I often find myself procrastinating. Something fun that I have recently found myself doing is using the Pomodoro timer technique. There are many versions online, but the premise is the same. It's a timer that allows for you to work with the time you have, instead of against it.

• The timer starts with 25 minutes for you to put your head down and just power through some work or task that you want to get done. Doesn't matter how much you get done, just as long as you're trying to constantly be working at it for those 25 minutes.
  • Then after that, you get a 5 minutes round simply as a break. During this, you can do whatever you want as long as you get back into work on the next set of 25 minutes.
  • This cycle continues with long 15 minute breaks after every few loops and has worked really well for me as it keeps me motivated, not bored, and helps me start work without worrying about procrastinating.

There are different versions online, if you just search "Pomodoro tomato timer", I usually use the second link that pops up. I suggest you look into it and give it a go!

Also, put on some nice instrumental music or lo-fi in the back while you work!

Who rated this post