cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

@StormySeas17

hmmm it's hard to say what mental state it is but if I had to guess I think it would be like. I have a low mood/stressful emotion -> then I notice that I'm not feeling good and it makes me anxious -> anxiety brain wants to question everything and find threats and negatives everywhere!! Cue existential spiral!

Hahaha we really are alike, I have to try not to ramble at my psych as well. When she stops me it makes me feel cut off and not understood, but when she doesn't stop me I ramble myself into utter confusion... I think the best psych is one who can channel my rambling into a helpful conversation! which admittedly is quite a feat 😅 but I've had a couple psychs who could do it!

Some of my strategies would be 1) have a conversation with her about what seems to be helping and what doesn't 2) challenge my people-pleasing self to be totally honest!! 3) ask what options we have to do things differently 4) review my goals with her and try to come up with a new plan 5) show her some of my writing (I do a lot of journalling) to see if that helps her understand me.

Who rated this post