Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Matt-RO
Super frequent scribe

Hi @BerdNurd

Thank you for being so open, honest and candid about your thoughts and feelings. Thank you as well for letting us know you are safe and contextualising where these thoughts are coming from.

You have such an amazing perspective on your life and mental health. Think this journal is a fantastic idea.

That is a real head scratcher of a question you pose. I know I have ask those questions to myself when I have been struggling.

When will I get better, when will I stop suffering, am I normal?

I want you to know that you are not alone in this.

I tend to view myself as on a sail boat on the ocean. When the seas are calm and the weather is sunny, I look around and I see other people sailing, I join them, we have a good time, life is great, and I enjoy it.

When it is stormy, and the waves are crashing over me. I am usually so busy trying to bail out my boat that I can’t even look up to see all the others bailing with me to help me or see them struggling on their own boat. I feel so alone.

Sometimes, I try and take a deep breath, take a moment in the eye of the storm to look up and see those around me, see who’s struggling with me, see who’s helping me, and recognise that I am not alone.

Sometimes I can get so caught up trying to prepare for the next storm that I forget to have fun and enjoy the things in life.

I hope this is helpful. 😊

Who rated this post