cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Mmm, no, I totally get where you are coming from; it doesn't sound petty. I know what you mean, it almost feels unjust when she's the one being mean, and you're the one leaving the chat. I can understand how that would feel really unfair to you. And it would be upsetting to watch your friends treat her well. I'm wondering if your friends tend to tiptoe around her because they are averse to her negative responses... but I am just speculating here.

While it feels unfair that you had to leave the group chat, it sounds like the chat might have been a little toxic anyway (do you agree?), and I'm wondering whether, in the long run, it's for the best. I guess I may be thinking this way because I'm thinking from an older adult perspective (I'm still a young adult, but older than you). I remember how important friendships felt to me when I was 18ish or less, and how much it hurts to not be in the loop with friends. I just know now, that there is always the opportunity to make friends and good friends at that. You'll meet so many new people after high school through work or university or TAFE.  So I guess I may be looking at things from a different perspective when I say it's for the best in the long run. What do you think? Is this group of people the kind of people that you want to continue associating with?

I asked whether you were forced out of the group to get a better understanding of your situation. It sounds like your friends didn't take sides in the group chat, which partly frustrates you. I think it is good though because it is possible that these friends see eye to eye with you.  It sounds like you might have some *real* friends that understand your side/perspective. I noticed you asterisked the word "real" - why is that? Do you not really trust them or?

Who rated this post