Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

ayrc_1904
Builder

Hey @abcdefg

How are you? It's been a while and I wanted to check in with you. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through so much. I can only imagine how draining it must be to have all of those things going on around you. You are so, so resilient and caring. I can see how much love and care you give to those who are close to you and that's a huge character strength. Give yourself the credit you deserve for that! You are amazing ❤️

Sometimes though, that loving and caring nature can make us exhausted. Humans aren't meant to be a constant support for others 24/7. Everyone needs boundaries, and some time for themselves. Cliche, but it's true- you can't help others before you help yourself! The only way you can give more of yourself to others is if you take the time to recharge your own battery. Spend some time doing things you love, lounge around and do absolutely nothing if you want to, go for a walk! 

I know it may feel like you're 'leaving' your friend, but maybe you could see it in another light. By taking distance and time away from your friend, you're getting closer to being able to help her again. I'm sure she also wants you to be ok! You shouldn't feel guilty for looking after yourself.

I also agree with the others in that, although friends are so important and great supports, professional help can be much more helpful and give you targeted methods to help with your emotions and life stressors. Is there a counselor you could see? 

I hope you're ok. These are some reminders for you:

1. You are doing amazing, especially considering all of the stressors around you

2. You are strong and resilient

3. You are loving and caring

BUT ALSO

4. You DESERVE to take time for yourself

5. You DESERVE to also receive help from others

6. You DON'T have to be strong all the time

7. Your feelings matter and are valid

I hope these help. ❤️

Sending Love GIF

Who rated this post