Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

Farewell from Bre

It’s time for me to say goodbye community 😭 As I sit here thinking how I could describe how much this community means to me, I’m struck by my enormous gratitude for you all.

Whether or not we’ve chatted much, I see every one of you. I see your pain, determination, genuine care for others, breakthroughs, and limitless potential. I see your gifts and can’t say how much hope you’ve given me by sharing yourselves. 

I was first introduced to the OC in 2019, and it would be an understatement to say that the past four years have been tough for us all. I’ve struggled alongside you, and being connected to you has made my darkest days brighter. Supporting you all has been an incredible privilege that I’ll never forget – so I must say thank you, thank you, thank you. 

Sometimes when we’re struggling with mental health, it’s hard to see ourselves for the capable, brilliant human beings we are. Know that I have seen those qualities in you day in and day out. Those of us who experience mental health challenges are some of the strongest people in the world, and you remind me of that quality in myself.

Keep on being your authentic self, keep searching for the parts of life that bring you joy, keep believing in yourself and if you don’t yet, trust that you can in time. 

It’s been real, OC. I simply can’t express how much I’ll miss you. I will sign off by dedicating one of my all-time fave songs to you all. On first impressions, it’s a super playful song, but if you listen to the lyrics, you’ll find some nuggets of wisdom that have carried me through my hard times. 

I’ll be around until the 18th of August and hope to chat with you all before then!

Who rated this post