This is a great post @Stormy-RO ! Definitely something I wish I had come across when doing my HSC. Here are 3 things I've learnt/ wish I knew earlier as someone who has finished high school and university:
1) Even if you don't get the ATAR you want, it's not the end of the world! There are soooo many different pathways to get to your goal.
- I have a lot of uni friends who have completed one degree and then transferred/ started another one that was unrelated to their first one.
- I also met a lot of mature age students who have had a whole career but decided to return to uni to explore another career option/ passion.
2) Don't forget to take breaks and take care of yourself!
- Mental health and physical health are strongly linked! I've had instances where I didn't get enough sleep/ exercise/ food and I noticed that I got very grouchy and snappy.
- I get that it's easy to feel guilty when taking breaks but I've noticed that after even a 10 - 15 min break, my mind is more receptive of the content I'm studying.
3) Don't neglect your social life!
- Allow yourself to enjoy high school/ uni life! Make new friends, join clubs etc.
- Having social supports to talk to really helped me to alleviate stress and anxiety.
Good luck everyone with your assessments!! You've got this!! You're almost done!!