Mod

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: My GP is on leave so I have to see a different one this afternoon

Positive: I've seen this GP before when my regular doctor hasn't been in and so I know her. I know that my thoughts and worries aren't realistic and that she won't judge me.

Negative: I'm really anxious about both of my appointments (GP and psych) this afternoon

Positive: I'm not trying to avoid going like I usually do, and I know that it is just my anxiety flaring up and it will pass eventually. I've gotten through appointments with both of them before so there's no reason why today's should be any different.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

Negative: Haven't copped too well through today
Positive: I was able to keep bringing myself back to current moment
Negative: I got barely anywork done today, leaving me with a shit load of homework...
Positive: I know what is most important straight away, I know which teachers I can say well I just didn't get it done and which ones I can't really talk to about it

Negative: Feeling extremely overwhellemed by everything, feeling that most things is just a waste
Positive: I know this is irrational thinking, I will be able to get through this week....
Positive: I get most of Friday off - seeing a professional monologue at the theatre Smiley Happy

~~ ☆ Be yourself ; Everyone else is already taken ♡ ~~
Mod

Negative: My psych appointment was crap

Positive: It wasn't crap - I know she's just being honest with me and trying to help me through this.

Negative: I've been feeling really edgy & tense about absolutely everything

Positive: I'm trying to focus on taking things one step at a time, and realizing that I'm not always going to be able to do everything I 'expect' myself to be able to do.

Negative: I've been exhausted all day due to not sleeping well last night

Positive: I plan on having an early night tonight

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Super star contributor

This is a great exercise but I'm finding these are a bit easier for others to read when I only share one at a time. Smiley Happy

Negative: I had almost no sleep last night and woke up feeling miserable. Smiley Sad

Positive: I went to meet a friend and just spending time with him made me completely forget how tired I was. Smiley Very Happy

Youth Ambassador

Neg: I feel numb and it is making me do destructive things.

Pos: I need to allow myself time to feel again, rather than try to force it upon myself. Things always happen with time.

Builder

Negative: Didn't get much sleep last night - instead of my alarm going off at 6.15 like it was meant to it went off at 5.15... silly alarm clock put it'self an hour forward
Positive: It's actually quiet funny, I didn't have to rush to get ready, and got to send an hour back under my doona Smiley Tongue

Negative: I was so nervous before and while performing my monologue - I shook the whole time and stuffed up my lines
Positive: I did it, I aced it. I went good, no one noticed I stuffed up, and my nerves added to my character, my whole class gave me really good postive feedback Smiley Very Happy

Mod

Negative: I still haven't been able to go to school

Positive: I'm making progress, and I'll get there eventually. Like she said - little steps forward.

Negative: I've been feeling pretty down today

Positive: I went for a walk this afternoon and read some more of my book to help me feel a little better. Smiley Happy

Builder

Negative: I was a bit nervous when I couldn't find any year11 drama students comming to the performance of Goodbye Jamie Boyd
Positive: Out new student (I forget his name) was there and I sat with his and got to know him a bit, it was well worth it being only us two and our yr10 students in our class Smiley Happy

Negative: I didn't feel like being with my old friends so walked away,
Positive: I walked away! I got my things done I needed to, and ended up hanging with some year 7's, I did feel loved, they all wanted my attention... (I'm like a role modle, but we're friends Smiley Happy )

Negative: I got some sad news this afternoon that I didn't want to believe, and it still seems surreal!
POsitive: She's in a better place now, God is looking after her, and she wont be sufferring now Smiley Happy

Negative: I feel as though I will never get to say goodbye, I will miss her heaps
Positive: I will never forget her, I will go to her funeral and say goodbye along with the community!

Mod

Negative: I haven't been feeling great because of this cold

Positive: It's only a cold and should pass soon - in the meantime I just need to keep my fluids up & rest

Negative: We have no food in the house Smiley Sad

Positive: Mum said she'll go shopping tomorrow morning so there should be plenty to eat then.

Super star contributor

Negative: My team lost tonight and I'm pretty sure they're going to miss the finals.
Positive: They put in a good effort against a hard team. Plus at the end of the day it's just a game.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count