cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink
Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:23 PM

I love a happy ending @KaiRoe it's so good to hear that you're out providing support to the community and enjoying it. When you're in the midst of job applications and rejection e-mails it can be hard to keep at it. 

Do you have any tips on how to look after yourself while applying for jobs? 

Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

KaiRoe
Special Guest Contributor

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:27 PM

Yeah! So when you're applying for jobs, try to limit the amount of time you spend a day doing it, and when youre not actively applying, use the rest of the day to do some self care activities, like reading, creating things, really just doing some things you love to do. Also try and remember that even if you get a rejection email, its not the end of the world and it doesn't reflect your worth! When i was applying for jobs, after each application i sent, i ate a little lolly as a reward

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:34 PM

I think that's great advice @KaiRoe!

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:33 PM

@KaiRoe, I love the idea of rewarding yourself after each application. I also think it's excellent advice to have a set period you apply for jobs and time for self-care/creating/relaxing. 

When I've been between jobs, I know I struggle to relax because I'm not working. Looking back, I can see I was actually doing a lot by applying for jobs/doing courses to upskill. Everyone deserves to chill 🙂 

KaiRoe

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:36 PM

Exactly! self care should be high on your priorities list, especially when inbetween jobs!

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:39 PM

Good point! Times of stress always call for more self care

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:11 PM

Let's start off by getting to know you some more @KaiRoe😀 

Can you tell us about your experience with work stress? 

KaiRoe

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:14 PM

Sure can! While i've worked many jobs in my life, i expereinced a period of two years really struggling to find employment after leaving one job because it wasn't right for me, during that time i'd just moved out of home and was desperate for work as i had rent to pay and three cats to support. I spent those two years applying for 40+ jobs a day and getting hundreds of rejection emails a week, before I applied for my current job, and after a few interviews they decided to give me a chance

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:17 PM

@KaiRoe  That sounds like it was really hard to go through, especially as you'd just moved out of home. I was in a similar situation where I applied for a lot of jobs and kept getting rejected before I got my current temporary role, but I couldn't imagine how I would have got on if I had rent and other bills to pay. Luckily, I was still living at home at the time.

KaiRoe

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:20 PM

I am super glad you landed your current role! well done!!

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:17 PM

Gosh @KaiRoe I can how challenging that would have been. I've been through times like that too and it can be tough to stay so motivated with job applications. I'm glad to hear that you landed your current role, do you enjoy it? 

KaiRoe

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:18 PM

I do actually, Im a disability support worker so i find my job super fulfilling! it totally helps that all my co-workers are all super nice too!

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:29 PM

I actually applied for disability support work before I got my current job! It's a fulfilling role.

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:20 PM

That's so cool! I also do disability support work 🖐 

KaiRoe

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:21 PM

Awesome!! love that!!

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:05 PM

Hello online community and to everyone who reads through this chat later! Tonight we are talking about all this work stress and we have a diverse range of questions which is great. 

I would like to welcome @KaiRoe  back to the forum for their second live event with us. Thank you so much for joining us to talk about something that almost everyone will experience in their lifetime. 

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

KaiRoe

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:07 PM

Hi everyone! Super keen to be back with you all tonight, I hope everyone is doing okay!

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:06 PM

Welcome @KaiRoe! Loved your last chat with us!
Thanks for coming back to do another AMAA!

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:10 PM

Me too @WheresMySquishy We're super lucky to have you with us a second time @KaiRoe  😃

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 30-09-2021 6:51 PM

We are going live in ten minutes! Speak to you all soon

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Leroy Patterson

WheresMySquishy
Uber contributor

originally posted on 30-09-2021 6:49 PM

Can't wait!

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:02 PM

Hey @WheresMySquishy how are you tonight? thank you for joining us!! 

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:04 PM

Hi @Bre-RO! I had a bit of work stress today, so this chat is so timely for me but I'm feeling better now. How are you? I hope you're doing well.

originally posted on 25-09-2021 12:12 PM

Super keen for this AMAA!! 🙂

originally posted on 30-09-2021 7:01 PM

Hey @Lost_Space_Explorer5  lovely to have your company this evening 😁