cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Three positives of today

I also fucking love those emojis 🦕

Ah @Saltwaterdreamtime  your final bonus positive is the loveliest thing I've read today! As someone who's raising a child with one, I have to say that step parents are such a truly special breed of humans Smiley Happy 

Check out our community activities calendar here

@Janine-RO and it feels pretty special too!

1. This poor weather has put a halt on my work plans so I am home for the second day in a row which is not so bad

2. Another big run this morning 

3. I heard from one of my younger brothers last night I haven’t spoken to him in ages and he messaged me to see what I was doing on the weekend could we catch up, weird that he is an actual grown up adult now, haven’t seen him since I was visiting them at all at access which I stopped doing a couple of years ago at least, seems like things are going along relatively ok for him, I’m pretty busy this weekend but might find some time soon 

Yessss I love gratitude (even though I never find time to do it)! This is exactly what I needed to wind down tonight.

Okay three positives of today: 

1) got to go to a cafe with my mum this morning 

2) had some yummy brownies at lunch

3) I started a new book I'm super excited about (Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes - I know I'm a bit behind but I'm still pumped to read it)

@Saltwaterdreamtime Your runs are super impressive! And it is really lovely to hear about your family. Your kiddo is lucky to have you!

@peppermintpeony he is by far the highlight of my life and has taught me so
much not just about dinosaurs or flamingos either!

Ive heard amazing things about this book! Happy reading!

Time for a however-long-this-ends-up-being-before-I-get-bored-or-distracted positives dump!

1. Signed up for a free watercolour masterclass with my favourite watercolour youtuber (she's amazing)
2. Have successfully caught up with not one but two days of this course
3. Bought myself a better quality watercolour set
4. and have been looking for some nicer brushes
5. FINISHED ALL MY EXAMS
6. OH THIS IS A TREAT! My psych essay
7. After having an entire meltdown because i could not figure out how to write it I emailed my tutor and SHE WAS SO HELPFUL
8. as in, the most helpful a tutor has even been since my first semester at uni ever. She told me exactly how to structure out my essay with more detailed explanations and just taking all the information given in a way I actually understood.
9. she also praised the work i'd already done and was so kind and encouraging when i told her that i'd done some more and it was lovely.
10. she was so accommodating too, happy to extend my extension date and left it open in case i wanted to extend it further.
11. AND I FINISHED IT! A day (and a bit) before the extended due time! It was so great to have finally finished it.
12. successfully studied/bookmarked my notebooks for my exams
13. and did my exams with varied success.
14. spoiled myself by using gift cards to by copic markers (as in THE TOP alcohol marker brand)
15. finally told my parents i broke my phone screen. (thankfully i didn't have to be truthful as to HOW it broke and they believed me)
16. I APPLIED TO AN AUTISM ADVOCATE PROGRAM AND GOT IN!!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy
17. I was brave and contacted the uni career people to talk about my indecision.
18. Tutoring has been HARD but I'm getting there
19. I've been keeping up with ju jitsu and doing okay (although I haven't been practicing my katas.... but don't tell anyone Smiley Tongue)
20. I reorganised my inbox after letting it get to nearly 100 unread messages (over the span of weeks)
21. finally got a haircut to thin out the mop on my head
(I don't know what else has been happening so *shrugs* that is all Smiley Wink)

@N1ghtW1ngI love love LOVE the positivity dump! Those are some really big strides with really good payoff and I feel really proud reading it all!

I've got my own little positivity dump to share too, here we go:

1. I decided to connect with my friends more actively, and I've been doing it! I messaged a couple of friends lately to check in on them and it felt really great.
  2. One of those friends went an extra mile in returning the favour! They invited me over and also to a group thing where we all watch Sailor Moon together online which was so fun.
  3. I made a new friend too and we've been getting along really well
  4. This new friend is pushing me to do the things I want to do and work for my happiness in a way that I'm finding so helpful, I feel really lucky and thankful for this
  5. An old friend who I hadn't spoken to in a few years messaged me and we reconnected too!
  6. I got my drive to make games back after not having it for over a year, and I'm super stoked for what I'm making now
  7. The old friend I reconnected with is a game programmer, so I suggested we do some game jams together and he like the idea too