cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Back to school/study

Awkward that I don't even know what Kikki K is...

I once introduced my sister and mum to Typo. My dad resented me for the rest of the trip. He knows whenever I say "I've got a new shop to show you." It won't end well for him. Hahaha.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

What is one tip you can give to having a great first day back!

Stay positive no matter how daunting this coming year might be - keep positive, you can do it! Encourage yourself and others to keep at it  Smiley Happy

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

stonepixie wrote:
Where as I had the unfortunate task of saving for a bond. @delicatedreamer

@stonepixie I'm failing miserably at the whole being an adult with money thing haha. Wanting to move in with the boyfriend this year sometime but at the rate I'm spending money combined with the rate I'm NOT earning it (and won't be earning it at uni) it's looking very sad and far away Smiley Sad

(While I am capable of sititng down and actually doing some budgeting and saving up and whatnot, I need to be earning enough for it to be feasible in the first place. Since I'm not, my brain just goes STUFF IT and decides I don't need to be as responsible haha)

yeah what is this kkk k stuff

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

You guys were so awesome tonight and I hope we all got alot out of it. So here is the short and sweet summary Smiley Happy

What will you miss about the holiday season?

Sleeping in, No deadlines, No commitments, No plans, Freedom, Money, Social life and a no pressure life

What are you looking forward to this year going back to school?

Making new friends, structure, working towards a goal, learning new things, fulfilling NY resolutions and buying stationery

Have you missed school? Why/Why not?

Getting back to the routine, Friends, Studying something you enjoy, having something to do and buying new shiny stationery

What are you studying this year? Are you excited about the subjects?

We had lots of Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Science, Criminology and Construction it seems like we have a lot of fixers in this group, which is awesome.

What are your school related goals this year?

Starting assignments on time, being more organized, not quitting, getting a post-uni job, avoid stress and enjoying the year

How are you going to ensure that these goals happen?

We have to not be afraid to enjoy changes and try new things; we also need to be self-aware about what we can handle and when we need help. Self care is also very important guys DON’T FORGET!!

Stress can creep up throughout the year, what can you do to prevent it or cope with it?

Staying organized, getting help when you need it, keep trying, self care, and self awareness, taking regular breaks, talking to people and keeping positive and motivated

How do you stay organized and on top of things?

Phone calendars, Post its, journaling and note taking, setting goals and deadlines, massive wall calendars and planning all assignments

What is one tip you can give to having a great first day back? 

• Have Fun
  • Be Positive & Open-Minded
  • Be Friendly
  • Start your goals
  • Be prepared
  • Get lotsss of sleep
  • Don't put too much pressure on yourself
  • Get lots of Freebies Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Happy Monday Everyone and Have a Great Week Smiley Happy 

@OrangeOliver wrote:
Awkward that I don't even know what Kikki K is...

How can this be @OrangeOliver ?

www.kikki-k.com

They're in most Westfield shopping centres (in Qld anyway)

@OrangeOliver it is a Sweddish stationary shop. So beautiful.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Thank you to all the beautiful people here tonight! Had an absolutely amazing time in my first GR session! I really should get more Monday nights off work in the future!
All the best to you all for you studies for the year and beyond.

@j95 @OrangeOliver GLORIOUS AND MAGICAL, that's what it is. Also Scandanavian.