cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Love your own company

@tsnyder I think that that sometimes if you aren't ready to deal with some thoughts then that is a good time to make up distractions. I think you have to be ready to listen and pay attention to your thoughts.. sometimes if you aren't mentally prepared to listen to your own thoughts it can do you more damage than good.

that's just my thoughts lol

Why is it important that we learn how to enjoy our own company?

Because no matter what, you will always have yourself and be with yourself. It's so important to learn how to be comfortable with yourself and your thoughts, ESPECIALLY when you are alone.

@_sagira_ getting out into nature is a great idea - going for walks, soaking in the sights around you Smiley Happy

@florenceforever Maybe it's something else for you, like reading, watching movies, or playing video games?

@tsnyder I think the pattern is probably deep rooted into a massive depressive episode i had like 10 years ago that lasted for a year. I don't know, maybe it manifested from that. I talk to a lot of people on tumblr who make me feel more connected. Also my best friend, if I'm really lonely I will reach out. I tend to...when I get like that...make lots of plans and outings with people over the next few weeks. Makes me feel productive and like I am connecting.

We're going to be with ourselves for the rest of our lives so it seems like an important thing to be able to do.  Has anyone ever experienced a time when enjoying their own company has kept them feeling positive?

I remember once at a holiday camp I felt particularly alone, but being able to enjoy listening to my own thoughts helped me get through the feelings of loneliness

I think books often does it for me @_sagira_ 

I would love to have something outdoors that works for me though!

@Alskies  That's really insightful of you! How do you think you know when you are ready to deal with those thoughts?

I think it is important to enjoy being on your own company, so that when it happens we don't get depressed/ fear being alone.

You're going to be 'you' for the rest of your life. It's important to find peace, zen and contentedness within yourself. Pure acceptance of 'what is'. That will lead to an abundant life.

When i first started living by myself i hated it, i thought it meant i would be alone forever.

However the more i got used to it the more i have come to enjoy it and crave it. Im onw of those people who used to hate thier own company, now im pretty content. I realise when enough is enough and i need to reachout to a friend or call someone or go for a walk but now when i go back home and see everyone back to back i actually get tired its like im not socialliy fit haha. 

I think its imporant because you need to be able to know yourself in order to know what you like and who you want to be with