cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Love your own company

@tsnyder definitely.. Smiley Happy that is pretty important

@tsnyder totally makes sense.

@Alskies I don't believe in staying put in a career for the rest of my life. I was studying Costume design...had the knee injury...identity crisis...studied and finished my undergrad in radiation therapy last year...looking for grad job (haven't gotten one yet)...starting Honours on Monday (freaking out)...but have game plan over next 5 years to study a Masters of Art Therapy.

I feel old too...like I turn 28 on Friday and I first joined RO when I was 25 and starting uni. But I mean even though I might not do things convetionally and really want to career stability at least this year, it may not happen, so I just gotta go with it. As stressful as it all is.

@EloiseRose  this is a tough one! I think there would be a number of variables, but specifically I think one's self-concept is extremely important in ones ability to be comfortable alone.  What do other people think?

There’s a common theory that introverts enjoying spending time by themselves more than extroverts – do you agree or disagree with this and why?

As an introvert I absolutely agree with this. I have just finished reading 'Quiet' by Susan Cain, and she delves into this a lot her book, which is all about introversion and extroversion. One of the things she talks about in her book is that introverts are more sensitive to novel stimuli (E.g. hanging out with people, going out to new places etc.) and that is one of the reasons why they need more time to recharge by themselves. It's such an interesting book, I highly recommend it.

There’s a common theory that introverts enjoying spending time by themselves more than extroverts – do you agree or disagree with this and why?

This is also a difficult one. Who came up with the questions tonight!? They are making me think!

For me, I don't actually like catergorising people. Using introvert and extrovert implies that there are only two different types of people. When really we know that everybody is different. Some one who is really 'extroverted' may like to spend lots of time alone whereas someone who is 'introverted' may actually like spending lots of time with people. I think it depends more on the person, rather than the personality category they best fall into.

I guess in theory introverts would prefer spending more time by themselves. As introverts gain motivation internally whereas extroverts gain motivation external.

i disagree. by every personality test that i do im an extrovery - but i love spending time by myself. Maybe i cant last as long as an introvert in my own company but it doesnt mean i dont treasure it as much as an introvert. 

@stonepixie hahaha screw it, share as much as you can.. you never know someone else may benefit from the information you are sharing Smiley Happy and if they think you are a know it all they are definitely jealous haha..

hmm I'm the same there I'm really struggling to figure out what area I want to be in, haha I just want to help everyone..

I don't live in both worlds, so I don't think I am qualified to give you an answer. Smiley Tongue

BUT ....

I guess introverts tend to live in their heads more than extroverts, so I guess you could say that I agree with the above statement.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@florenceforever
you have me to blame for the questions haha!

Well...yes and no, they say extroverts recharge being in groups...but I know i often go home feeling drained for this very reason...so going home and being alone is definitely a recharge. However, there are days where getting out in a group of people is exactly what I need to recharge. I think we're all unique and different, so it depends on the individual.