cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Birds!

@lokifish I love the blue one's lil hat! He looks very handsome in it. 

Also, Happy Easter everybody! Love from all of my Easter Birdies Smiley Tongue Heart

92947401_10216854348092489_2896756403777568768_n.jpg

Awww @lokifish thank you so much for sharing your beautiful birds! Especially all dressed up for Easter lol

I haven't ever owned a bird as a pet, but we are lucky enough to live in an area where we get some amazing birds as visitors, as well as some less amazing birds like our rapidly growing brush turkey population who are determined to take over the world Smiley LOL

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but since the lockdown started I've seen some birds that have never visited us before - yesterday I saw some rosellas, and we've had a pair of king parrots coming by every now and then too. 

Rosellas

The Natural History and Captive Care of the Australian King Parrot

Some pics for anyone who isn't familiar! So beautiful. 

We also have billions of cockatoos, kookaburras and native miners, and the screeching at sunset is INSANE. I had no idea how noisy birds could be!!! 

Check out our community activities calendar here

I didn't realise that it had been so long since I'd posted on this thread!! Smiley Surprised

Cornflake passed away not long after Easter (RIP Heart). He was a special needs birdie, so we always knew that his time with us may be short. His presence in the house lives on in a little crocheted canary that sits on our coffee table Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 17.15.08.png

Then we adopted another budgie a few months ago named Mali. She's a sweet, independent little soul, but had been at the bird rescue for over year. So we decided to give her a forever home Heart

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 17.13.19.png

And then 6-8 days ago we had some more new additions to the family, as Fanta and Ducky decided to have babies! Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy

Here they are this morning. There are five in total - we haven't named them yet Smiley Happy

117433137_722216121689071_2734191360500601271_n.jpg

We had three of the babies fledge this morning!!!

They're all so fluffy now

Here they are enjoying a rest on my partner's hand Heart

Image from iOS (17).jpg

All five babies have now left the nest and are very active Smiley Tongue they love taking naps on our shoulders, and make perfect study buddies Heart

AD6F935B-C66C-447E-91F0-C2805C625E0F.JPG

Omg look at the little baby birds!! They've had such a glow up now they've got their yellow feathers! Smiley Tongue We used to have finches and canaries when I was younger Smiley Very Happy

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  it's incredible how quickly they grow up! Smiley Very Happy

I had some company while learning stats today Smiley Tongue

Image from iOS.jpg

What a cOiNCIdencE I did stats today as well Smiley Tongue (ANOVAs)

The little one is very cuteee 😍 but it looks very tempted to make a mess on your laptop!

@lokifish Omg your birds are cute!! I've got a budgie, sun conure & a cockatiel!!