cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I'm new here

Hi @Nick160199 I just wanted to tell you that a lot of people feel that way when they struggle to find work, you're not alone with that. I remember applying for soooo many jobs and feeling the same way when I didn't hear back from any of them. It can be hard, but it's important to try not to base your value as a human off things like your employment or study. You are valuable regardless Smiley Happy 

Hi @Nick160199! Welcome to the forums! It's nice to e-meet you. Smiley Happy
It can be so tough when you can't find a job. Smiley Sad I was in a similar predicament to you up until recently and it was so demoralising. It was like finding a needle in a haystack but in the end, I think my my volunteer work and one-off jobs helped me get the position. There are also a lot of other members who have had similar issues with finding jobs if you do a search on here.
We have a lot of resources on the ReachOut website about finding jobs and how to cope if you don't have one that you might find helpful.

@scared01 Aha my bad thanks for the tip

Hi @Nick160199 !

Glad to see a new face, I go on reach out since it's a good way for me to get experience, but more importantly I get to help others, and I also feel supported myself especially when life gets too overwhelming. 

Don't feel like a failure for not getting a job, people have their own timelines. My brother for example got his first job at 20 after years of applying around and he felt really lost. Now he's working, recently bought a motorcycle, and is doing well for himself despite some people seeing him as being "behind".

Plus, during the pandemic, it can be more challenging to find employment.

Hope you are well!

hey @Nick160199  just wanted to pop in to see how your going?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**