cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - December 2016!

Hey @LadyCocoa1234, welcome! Winning the lottery would definitely be pretty amazing - what do you reckon you'd do with the money if you won? Smiley Happy

Hi there, new here and I'll try keep this brief and to the questions.

1. What would you constitute your "perfect" day?

- My perfect day would begin with waking up when I felt like it, getting onto my motorbike and riding until the tank ran dry before filling up again and riding some more. I would ride with any strangers doing the same thing until our paths diverged and I wouldn't have to know them so I wouldn't judge them or have to care where they went or why.

I wouldn't be working in my current job doing stuff I hate for a measly paycheck, instead I would be under a car or in the garden just being productive when I felt like it, working on one of the 1m projects I would probably never actually finish. It would end with a movie I haven't watched before with a few beers until I fell asleep.

2. If you could invite 6 guests to a dinner party, living or dead, who would they be and why?

-This is tricky and probably a little contraversial...

-1. Albert Einstein. I would love to first tell him just how right he was about the way his field in the siences turned out and then get to know more about his philosophies.

-2. My deceased Great Grandfather. Apparently I take after him in many ways, visually and attitudinally. I feel like getting to know him better would help me to know myself more.

-3. Any one of the customers (the annoying ones I hate (irrationally, mind you)) who come into my work. I would love to pick their brains about the things they do that annoy me, why they do them, is it intentional? do they understand what else goes on for them to be satisfied? etc. so that I can try and understand them in general and maybe find a way to encourage them to not do the things that annoy me.

-4. Adolph Hitler. He was a lunatic, narcissistic and sociopathic yet he was ultimately powerful and almost successful in his pursuits. I want to know if it would have been worth it. Really worth it had he gained everything he envisioned.

-5. Larry. Why is he so damned happy? I must know.

-6. My deceased ex girlfriend and first love. I want to know if at the end she still loved me.

3. What did you have for breakfast this morning?

-I rarely eat breakfast in the socially accepted sense, however if you mean it in it's litterally defined term as 'to break one's fast' which means first meal of the day, I ate an overcooked and unused chicken parmigiana while doing prep at work at about 2 pm.

4. What's your favourite item of clothing and why?

-My beige chinos. They are comfy and look pretty good.

5. Can you speak any languages other than English? What are they? If not, are there any languages you'd like to learn?

-I am conversational in Spanish, specifically the colombian dialect. I can greet you (and swear at you) in Hindi, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, French and I can sing the short version of the Haka in Maori.

I am also fluent in profanity.

I guess I will leave it at that, anything else I felt like writing doesn't seem to want to fit here, I'm sure I will find an appropriate place to put those thoughts. I really hope I can make this forum a habit and get moving toward making myself a beter person for me and everyone around me.

Highlighted

What would constitute your “perfect” day?
My perfect day would be one without any hassles :/

If you could invite 6 guests to a dinner party, living or dead, who would they be and why?

• Carrie Fisher - Who wouldn't want to have dinner with the OG Princess Leia?!
  • Margaret Cho - For a laugh lol
  • Dr Munjed Al Muderis - I just think he's a badass and it would be interesting to hear about his journey to Australia
  • Luke Nguyen - I admire his cooking talents (and hey, maybe convince him to cook up? Smiley Tongue)
  • John Collee - Apparently, he went off to med school but did writing on the side. Now, he's a full-time screenwriter who just happened to become a doctor. He wrote scripts for Happy Feet and Walking with Dinosaurs.
  • Aunty Donna - I know that these guys are three dudes, but I'd count them as one entity lol

What did you have for breakfast this morning?
I had smoked salmon, brie, pepper and fennel salt on toast and a flat white. Sounds a bit pretentious but it was tasty Smiley Tongue and that's all that matters.

What’s your favourite item of clothing and why?

I like dresses. It's just one item of clothing that you put on and you're done. Really low maintence to wear haha

Can you speak any languages other than English? What are they? If not, are there any languages you’d like to learn?

I speak French, a bit of Chinese and Vietnamese. I wish that I could learn Chinese and Vietnamese properly but my god, courses are so expensive! D: And hardly anyone teaches Vietnamese here in Australia. I would also like to learn Spanish, Arabic, German, and an Australian Indigenous dialect.

It's nice to see you again on the forums @Myvo! Smiley Very Happy I hope your holidays have been nice Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hi!

1. My perfect day would probably involve waking up early but feeling full of energy. It would definitely involve spending the day outdoors in the woods and with lots of animals.

2. There are two versions of my answers to the dinner party: the boring answer is my friends and family, since a lot of them are overseas and I would be thrilled to spend an evening eating food with them. The fun theoretical answer is Lucy Liu, Angela Davis, Jamaica Kincaid, Martha Lineham, Marsha P. Johnson, Qiu Jin and Ching Shih. It would be a very fun, feisty dinner party full of feminist politics and ~nationalist discourse~

3. I eat really boring breakfasts because no one has the energy to do anything cute in the morning. Just toast and butter,

4. My favourite item of clothing is a cute antique sleeveless dress with a flower print. It would probably be the most perfect piece of clothing in the world if only it had pockets. Alas.

5. I can speak Mandarin fluently as my second language of sorts is actually English. 

Highlighted

Hi @DirtWitch and welcome to ReachOut! That does sound like a good day! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted