cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Concerned friend

My friend whom I know for 10 years is having anger issues. I’ve seen him angry in the past but it has amplified as of late because his child’s mother refuses to let him see his kids. He loves them dearly and instead of cry it out he tries to work out and keep active to prevent altercations with people. However these alternatives are only a temporary fix. I try to encourage him best I can but I’m running out of options any advice on how to help my friend 

Highlighted

Re: Concerned friend

Hi @Postivevibesonly! Welcome to the forums!

That sounds like a frustrating situation, especially as it is hard to be around someone with anger issues. It can sometimes feel as though we're constantly walking on eggshells around them because anything can set them off. You sound like a caring person to want to support your friend through the difficulties that he is facing. I'm sure he is lucky to have you in his life. Smiley Happy
Has anyone has had a chat to him about his anger issues or pointed him towards any relevant resources?

Highlighted

@Postivevibesonly  hi there, nice to meet you, and welcome.

If I may add something onto @WheresMySquishy 's great suggestions, I would like to gently remind you to self care during this time, to make sure you can keep being the best support you can for your friend. Take some time and space if you need it, and find some positive outlets too.

Highlighted

Hey @Postivevibesonly  !

I just wanted to check in on you and see how things have progressed and if you needed some more support. I hope your friend is doing well, and that you are able to look after yourself in these times. I understand if you feel drained and running out of options when supporting people for so long through tough times, but I can assure you that you just being already makes a difference.

I hope everything is turning out better
Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@Anzelmo I second everything you have said.

@Postivevibesonly  please feel free to check in with us, if you like, we are here to listen Smiley Happy