cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feeling completely overwhelmed

@Bee @scared01 @lokifish @jess1600 @redhead I’ve had a pretty productive day today, got most of my assignment done. Just finishing touches now.

But I’m feeling really worthless about myself now. I receive a journal semi-related to my undergrad degree and it’s usually really good and allows me to connect a little bit to another hobby of mine... but reading it today has made me feel like a failure and a waste of space. Looks like tonight might be a night of just looking after myself... I’m having some suicidal thoughts too, but I’ll be safe.

Oh, and the icing on the cake is that my parents think it’s my fault I’m having such a rough time! Smiley Sad This coming from people who think self care is a waste of time and gets in the way of me being useful.

@mrmusic I'm sorry this is happening.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Hey @mrmusic. YAY good job! I'm very proud of you for finishing your assignment and you should too for putting in this effort to getting it done, treat yourself I reckon you deserve it. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry your having thoughts and feeling this way, let me just tell you something. You are NOT a failure you are trying your best to achieve something which I commend you for that, and you are NOT A WASTE OF SPACE, you deserve to be here filled with all the love and happiness and the world just like everyone else.

I'm glad you're taking some time to take care of yourself, that's very important if you need to talk to someone were all here for you or talk to someone you trust.
💖

Awesome job on keeping safe @mrmusic, I know how hard you have been trying. Not everyone gets self-care.. I have experienced this first-hand myself and you should always put yourself first and continue self care. You can then either educate those around you or respectfully diffuse the situation and just keep doing your thing. It definitely is not your fault, you are doing your very best. I am glad to hear a night of looking after yourself is in order Heart

Thanks @Taylor-RO, it seems like an uphill battle a lot of the time, but it’s good to get some validation. Heart

Thanks @jess1600 @redhead for your kind words also. Heart

Hey @mrmusic how are you going today? 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I got my assignment submitted. Smiley Very Happy @scared01

@mrmusic I'm glad you've had a productive day and got the assignment complete! Yay 🎉
Sounds like a good idea to look after you!
I'm sorry to hear about your parents view on self-care :/

How are you feeling tonight? Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hey @mrmusic well done on submitting your assignment! I agree with @Bee, I'm sorry to hear about your parents' view on self-care but I want you to know that you are doing the right thing in looking after yourself and practicing self-care Smiley Happy.