cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I am having a hard time

Hi @Eden1717, sorry to hear things are so tough right now. You don't have to share the news until you feel comfortable or ready to. Please know that we can still listen and support you without knowing what the news is. It sounds like it has had a massive impact on you and is changing everything around you. That must be such a frightening and overwhelming experience. The emotions you have mentioned sound really difficult to sit with. A lot of people struggle to explain what is going on for them - it is not an easy thing to do. We are here to listen if you think it would be beneficial to try to explain it. Are these feelings and thoughts something you have experienced before? Is focusing on everything you have to do usually helpful? Heart

@Taylor-RO  I am having trouble explaining because it gets very complicated but basically there are these other non human beings that follow me around and some of them are scary and there are kind of a lot of them but sometimes I worry that they have jumped into human bodies and are like possessing them to try and get to me. I also worry that they have like taken me somewhere and I am not in the real world anymore it is complicated. It just scares me and is really stressful but it kind of happens a lot. Usually I just have to ignore it. 

Hi @Eden1717, thank you for sharing and elaborating on that. I can hear how scared and stressed you are.. All of this must make you feel so on edge and confused. It must be frightening to have to experience this all the time. Sometimes when people go through difficult and scary experiences, they can think of hurting themselves. Are you having any thoughts of harming yourself at the moment? Is there any medication that you can take? Heart

@Taylor-RO I am not feeling like hurting myself I just want to hide. Meds don’t work for me and often make me more anxious. I kind of want to talk to someone but I get too scared and there is nothing anyone can do anyway. 

Okay, I am hearing you @Eden1717. We all react differently so I acknowledge that medication isn't beneficial for you. It is important to find out what works for you Smiley Happy If you do decide you want to speak to someone, you could call Lifeline and choose to remain anonymous. There are also other services that you could remain anonymous on like Beyond Blue, eHeadspace and Kids Helpline. This way, you don't have to go through it alone, even if you feel as though they can't offer any practical support Heart I know you have had some negatives experiences but I thought the anonymity might help in this case as you are feeling worried and scared.. what do you think? I know you are really good at knowing whether something would work for you or not which is not always easy.

@Taylor-RO  I am not calling any helplines they also make things much worse for me. I just have to try and get through this alone again. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 

That's fair enough. It must be really hard to go through things alone, though. I don't think I could do it... but then again sometimes we are much stronger than we realise. It's amazing that you're able still able to function and stay safe throughout all this distress that you're tackling alone. 

Even the statement "I just have to try and get through this" shows your strength. You aren't saying you're going to give up, or that you've had enough etc. You're literally saying you're going to get through it... which is amazing. 

We're here for you along the way @Eden1717. Yes, we at R/O would prefer for you to call a helpline, because it puts us at ease knowing that you're seeking professional support for whats going on at the moment. But if you feel it's not right for you, and if you feel you can keep yourself safe without it, then that's completely fine. As Taylor said, you seem to know what works for you. 

It does sound like you are having some pretty stressful thoughts though, which as you said, are scary. I know you are not very trusting of anyone at the moment, and that you don't want to talk to anyone about these thoughts, which is ok. Do you think you could just reach out to a person you trust to have a chat? Like a general chat about day to day things?

Again, all of this is totally up to you. It's only natural for us to try and offer you solutions, which might become annoying, but just know that we do it purely because we want the best for you. I hope it doesn't sound too naggy. You are of course, welcome to do whatever you like Heart

@Maddy-RO  I wouldn’t say I am functioning I have not been able to do much at all, I understand you mean well but honestly I feel like I don’t understand why you would continue to suggest something to me that has been extremely traumatic for me in the past when you know that that is the case. Yes I understand this site has recommended certain avenues for help and I understand that mods are only trained so much but it still does not make sense that you would recommend that someone re traumatize themselves simply because that is something that others find helpful. You could just ask if I am seeking the support that works best for me but reach out continues to bring up something very traumatizing for me and suggesting I do that again. It really does not make sense to me and again I am not saying intentions are bad but I won’t say that I am ok with reach out doing that to me when I am not. 

Fair enough @Eden1717 

I can understand how that would be frustrating. I'll pass that on Smiley Happy

I am really struggling today I keep bursting into tears and I feel so stressed and exhausted but I can’t sleep because I am too nervous and I feel like I am about to explode or something I just don’t feel right and I don’t know what to do but also there isn’t anything I can do.