cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I am having a hard time

@Claire-RO  Idk if it is resourceful or if I am just desperate but resourceful has a much nicer connotation. I really am trying to keep on top of everything but my anxiety and OCD is getting really bad/hard to manage. That and my eating issues are really making things difficult but then it is like I still feel like I cannot afford for them to leave altogether like it is just my fault for eating because I shouldn’t do that ever and I am doing something terribly bad if I eat because I want to not because I am being made to. Everything is my fault but that doesn’t meant it doesn’t make me sad. Sorry I was going to write more but it is nearly 5am I haven’t slept and I feel like I am about to zone out.

Highlighted

I just had a huge panic attack and was screaming and hyperventilating at the same time and now I am just shaking and exhausted. I feel really unsteady and it doesn’t feel like it is over like it feels like it might come back and I am to tired for this but I can’t sleep it off and my family is just going to be annoyed at me and I am trying but everything is so hard and I tried to plan the day because I knew I wasn’t feeling ok and now everything is ruined and I am so sick of all the crap. 

Highlighted

Hi @Eden1717 , 

I'm really sorry to hear that today is a rough one. Having a panic attack like that sounds distressing and exhausting - I hear that you are feeling drained and unsteady, you say that your family may be annoyed at you, but it does sounds like some rest could be really helpful. I think that a lot of us can relate to the frustration when we feel like a day has been ruined, especially when we're trying so hard - I have a friend that used to declare a day a "non-day", where they gave themself permission to just do what they needed to do to make it through, and be kind to themselves. I often remind myself of that, sometimes it is OK to just get through the day. You show so much reslience and strength here. 

Do you think you would be able to take some time for yourself to rest and regroup today? 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

I have been trying to rest but I can’t settle properly, I feel horrible and tired and I have not got a lot done but I am going to try and relax the rest of the day. I really don’t know what to do. I just want to be able to cope with my own head but I gues that just isn’t going to happen at least not for a while. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717

Relaxing, or trying to relax, sounds like a great idea, especially if you're trying to settle yourself. How are you going now? Have you found anything you to make you feel more settled?

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO  I was going ok until my family started watching a SUPER triggering show and won’t stop trying to tell me about it now all I'm thinking about is eating disordered behaviour. That and crying again. 

Highlighted

hey @Eden1717

I'm really really sorry to hear that. It really sucks when our peace is ruined, but it's even worse when we are pulled into feeling distressed with some really jarring topics. 

It sounds like you're really struggling with some eating disordered thoughts. Is there anything that usually helps distract yourself from those thoughts? 

Also, I'm sorry for having to edit your post, but some of your language may have been too explicit/descriptive for the forum

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO  there is literally nothing that distracts me from it completely and nothing left for me to do tonight. I honestly don’t know if I have the energy to keep fighting this all the time I just want to give in. 

Highlighted

You must be feeling really heavy at the moment @Eden1717

I think that you've mentioned that supporting others has helped you in the past, do you think that could work tonight? I understand if not though, it's always important to look after yourself if you don't feel like you're in the best place to give others support at the moment. 

It might also be a good idea to lay down in bed since it's pretty late. Even if you can't get to sleep, being in bed could give you a sense of comfort. If you're feeling restless you could watch some youtube videos, or some TV shows. Are you watching anything at the moment?

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO  Being in bed makes things worse because it is just me and my thoughts and it makes the voices stuff worse and if I am not about to fall asleep then I just get more restless. My family finally finished watching the show so I have some random show in the background but I m just really over everything I just I can’t take the stress from this I can’t keep fighting this. I am so tired. I am safe atm but I just don’t think I can ignore the thoughts.