cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I failed.

Hey @N1ghtW1ng is there anything specific on your mind tonight? Or non-specific? Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@Mona-RO adulthood generally, and being so tired all the time (as a result of my laziness and lack of motivation to get better)
Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng I understand. Adulthood can be pretty daunting. I'm still trying to get used to it! I don't know if you're tired because you're lazy or unmotivated to get better. Are you sure those are the reasons for you feeling tired? Maybe you're feeling overwhelmed and need rest?

Highlighted

Sorry for not responding last night @Mona-RO, I needed to sleep. I'm very tired all the time because of physical issues, I slept waay to much when I was younger and now I'm dealing with the after effects of never being fully awake. The laziness is because I'm too lazy to get up and excerise and the lack of motivation goes hand in hand with that as being too unmotivated to help myself get better. (a little of it last night was feeling overwhelmed from my shitty day yesterday but it's mostly because I am too lazy and unmotivated to get better)
Highlighted

That's okay @N1ghtW1ng sleep 'is' important. I'm sorry you feel tired all the time. Some people do need to get more sleep than others, there's nothing wrong with that. 

Getting into a habit of exercising can be really challenging. Is there any kind of physical activity/exercise that you enjoy at least somewhat?

The road to getting better isn't linear. It's mostly about getting up, falling and restarting. The important part here is to restart. Do you beat yourself up if you aren't consistent in reaching a goal? I ask because I have suffered from this way of thinking myself. Often when we slide off from a goal, we can get pretty hard on ourselves. 

Highlighted

@Mona-RO I wanted to start swimming, but I don't think that's going to happen. I like walking, but I find it boring if I don't have a purpose. I did walk one of our dogs for awhile, but I feel bad because I only walk one and our impossible puppy really needs it Smiley Sad

I do beat myself up but it's less about not reaching a goal and more about not completing a task such a walking the dog or exercising or getting straight up out of bed when I wake up.
Highlighted

Hey @N1ghtW1ng,

How are you going today? 

Alright @SmileMonkey, thanks Smiley Happy I'm trying to ignore things. I'm entering this art competition and I have my idea set so things might (.. will) get a bit rocky as I try and do that but oh well, so long as I keep going.
Highlighted

That's awesome about the art competition. As dory would say "just keep swimming" 

Ooh that art competition sounds awesome @N1ghtW1ng! Can we see the art you submitted? (If you want to show! If not of course that's totally fine) Smiley Happy 

Uni is really hard, and I'm sorry you're not doing as well as you want to. In my opinion, being a good teacher is just as much about the attitude and passion that you have as it is about the academic skills! 

I feel you on the exercise thing. I KNOW it would be good for my mental health to exercise but I just can't seem to make myself do it...sigh. The advice my gp gave me was to try no this to focus on all the things I'm not doing - instead try to add things into my day, like taking the stairs instead of the lift, or getting off the bus a stop early and walking. Maybe that could be helpful for you as well? 

Feeling for you.