cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm just feeling down. -And some stuff has been going on.

Hello.

For the past two maybe three weeks I've been feeling really down. I have no motivation at school and am finding normally easy work hard.

I am ok, like I'm not really down I can still enjoy moments in the day, but it just feels like a bit like a dark cloud is held over my head all the time.

It doesn't help that someone I knew, went to primary school with and did SLSC suicided, it just makes everything go into perspective, like the idea that someone can be down enough to just leave to world, the realisation that I will never see them smile again is really weird feeling.

I am also having problems in my family.

I think the only reason I am really coping ATM is because

1. When I was young I didn't have any friends and learn how to cope alone

2. Because I listen to some bands who's music I really enjoy and are very inspirational, and keep me going through the day.

Re: I'm just feeling down. -And some stuff has been going on.

Hey @LittleBear__ sorry to hear you're feeling so low at the moment. It's great that you've been able to identify some things that have helped you cope. Can you think of any other strategies that have helped?

I'm also wondering if you've spoken to a mental health professional about how you've been feeling? 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

No I haven't Thought about going to a mental health professional, and honest my family don't know how I'm feeling. And I don't think they'd really understand.

Hey @LittleBear__ Smiley Happy

What do you think about seeing a counsellor to talk about how you're feeling? Do you know how to go about finding one if you wanted to? Sometimes it's easier to talk to a professional stranger about what's going on because they will only ever work to support us. Sometimes family members can struggle to understand or be fearful when we tell them we're struggling with mental health issues. Of course what you choose to do next in regard to seeing someone is always up to you - but it might be something to think about. 

How have you spent your Saturday thus far?

Gen - RO

Sorry to hear that @LittleBear__ I'm glad you can get inspired by the bands that's really good Smiley Happy. What else makes you feel motivated