cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Isolated

It's been a while since I've really been online. I've missed so much of what's going on for everyone. 

I feel isolated by this. I don't know where to post, what to say, how to look after myself. It's become overwhelming. 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Re: Isolated

hey there @redhead,it's great to see you checking in after so long. Can I check in with you about what you meant when you wrote you don't know how to look after yourself - are you talking about hurting yourself right now?

Highlighted

@Sally-RO it was more health/self care related.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

thanks for clarifying =) What ideas do you have so far? What've you tried for today/tonight so far?

Highlighted

@Sally-RO I think I'm just going to sleep
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Hey @redhead how are you feeling today? That sounds really tough and I can understand how it may all seem overwhelming. I sometimes withdraw from social media for a while too and can feel very left out and isolated when I go back on and see all these things happening I have no idea about. What I find most helpful though is trying not to scroll too far back and reading everything that's happened as usually I will fall even more behind getting caught up on old posts and that will make me feel even more left out, but instead just focusing on the things happening now really helps me feel more involved, what do you think might help you? Is there anything we can do to make it easier for you?

Highlighted

Hi @redhead

You can post where ever you like and say whatever you feel like saying. You have done this hundreds of times before! It's okay if you forget. Take a step back and go with the flow, I'm sure everything will slowly come back to you. 

Highlighted

Hey @redhead Heart It's good to hear from you, I've missed seeing you around. 

Could it possibly help to set yourself some boundaries/rules around posting on here so that you don't become overwhelmed by negative posts? For example saying to yourself, 'I'll use RO for 30 minutes and I'll stay in the hanging out and games threads.' 

Sometimes joining in with the introduce yourself here threads can be a good way of joining in without becoming too overwhelmed. 

Do you have any self care strategies that have been working for you lately? 

BTW it always makes me happy to see you around (especially in the counting to 1 000 000 thread!! We're very slowly getting there!! Smiley Tongue).