cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TW: I’m alone

everything has been getting harder for me and I can’t stop feeling like it is never going to change, I have suffered from self harm for 3 nearly 4 years on and off and I just can’t seem to stop anymore. I need help and I know but I am so scared to look for help

Re: I’m alone

Hi @tasminspeedd,

Welcome to ReachOut! It takes so much courage to start a conversation online and ask for support- we are really grateful you have taken that step to reach out Heart It sounds like the last few years have been really tough, and talking openly with us about your experiences, and recognising that it may be time to seek help is a really big step.

You have mentioned that things have been getting harder for you, are you able to tell us a little bit more about what is happening for you at the moment? Do you have a support network (this might include people like friends, family or professionals)?

There are so many people here who can relate to what you are feeling right now and we are here to listen Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

I have been failing all of my classes at school and and I am losing most of my friends, things at home haven't been any easier either with my parents always yelling at me every day. I have no support from anyone except my best friend, he has been there for me this whole time and one day I am scared that maybe I am going to lose him to because he might just give up on me like everyone else has Smiley Sad

Hey @tasminspeedd, that sucks to hear that you've been failing all of your classes Smiley Sad. I'm also sorry to hear you don't have a huge support network except for your best friend Smiley Sad. I was wondering if you managed to see any professionals (psychologists, counsellors, doctors, etc.) regarding your struggles at the moment? Sending hugs of support <3

Thankyou but I haven’t been able to see any psychologist or anything and I don’t really plan on it because my parents dont care

No worries @tasminspeedd! Just to quickly clarify, when you say that you're not able to see a psychologist, is it because you think that your parents won't let you be able to see one? Or is it due to something else entirely?

Hi @tasminspeedd! Welcome to the forums!

I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am about your situation. Smiley Sad Feeling alone can be such a painful, distressing feeling.

Do you think that online or phone-based counselling or using a mental health app would help if you can't get face-to-face support? You can always turn to the ReachOut community too.

It is mainly my parents because they found out about my self harm the first year and they just said that it was all for attention and I tried to explain to them that it’s not and they never understand 

@WheresMySquishy After my dad found out about my self harm the first year I started he put a password protection thing on my phone so I can’t get any apps anymore and I am not allowed and credit or data anymore because of it either 

@tasminspeedd That sounds really rough and I'm imagining you must feel quite misunderstood and sidelined. I can imagine it would be pretty hard to concentrate at school too when everything around you is so stressful and you've been feeling so low. I guess I'm thinking that accessing some sort of counselling would be ideal even though you're not taken seriously by your parents. What has been helping you to get through all of this so far?