cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW I really really hate myself

Hey @Taylor-RO Smiley Happy
Thank you!! Heart

I know.. no one else says I’m fat. In fact people call me skinny! Like I get called a twig all the time but I can’t see it.. I see fat! I don’t get it Smiley Sad and when I have a small breakout when I’m approaching that time of the month if I comment on it, people say they didn’t even notice or say ‘umm where??’ And I just think to myself ‘UMMM EVERYWHERE..’ Maybe I’m lying to myself.. but I physically see it! Is it possible to see things constantly that aren’t actually real? But it can’t be fake.. I’m massive

The word ‘food’ makes me cringe so badly when I’m having an episode..
thank you so much though Heart

Oh that’s fine I guess I will just have to watch where I press on my screen Smiley Tongue it’s okay Smiley Happy
Highlighted

No worries at all, you are welcome @Bananatime04. Everyone can relate to what you said about having pimples! Sometimes you can bring attention to it by mentioning it, especially when it is likely that the other person hasn't noticed. We all get them though! Smiley Happy

It is a tricky topic to discuss because I am not an expert - it could also come down to whether someone has an illness/disorder that may be impacting their thoughts, behaviour and feelings. That is why what we are discussing is quite general because it may not apply to someone reading who has a disorder or illness. We don't want to make it seem like the answer is simple and easy when for others it is a lot more than just thinking positive etc. In regards to body image, some people find it helpful to learn about what unfiltered bodies actually look like. Social media distorts things so much that sometimes we have an impossible version in our head. Photos are edited, people are posing, makeup is used and light tricks etc. I remember when I saw some realistic posts/photos, my mind was totally blown. For example, I follow a makeup artist that doesn't use filters which has shown me that their skin isn't PERFECT like the airbrushed photos.

Some people also find it helpful to focus on health and fitness goals, rather than how they look. For example, I can run 4km, I lift this much weight, I can do this pose etc. which makes me feel good about my body because it allows me to do all of that. I feel like you might have heard all of that before, so I am not sure if that helps. I am sure you might have found things that do and don't work for you.

Sorry about using that word, I will be careful not to use that next time Heart
Highlighted

Thanks @Taylor-RO
I really appreciate your post but I’m gonna have to reply tomorrow.. I’m really struggling rn

I can’t stop crying
Highlighted

Aww @Bananatime04 It's not nice to hear you were so upset last night. How are you this morning? We're here for you Heart 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO I’m a little bit sad today
I watched a documentary by the name of Jessica’s tree.. those types of things always upset me Smiley Sad I’m scared
Highlighted

Aww I'm sorry to hear you're feeling sad @Bananatime04 What is the documentary about? Would it help to talk about it? 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO it’s a really sad one but it gives a really good message. It’s about a suicide, her story was told by her close friends. I’d recommend watching it but it’s really heart breaking. It doesn’t give her method of suicide so I’m pretty sure it’s okay to share?
Highlighted

That's okay to share @Bananatime04 thanks for checking though! And that sounds so so sad, no wonder it's got you down. Documentaries and films really make an impression like that sometimes, when that happens for me I try to balance it out with something really uplifting or funny. Do you think that would make you feel a bit better?  

Highlighted

@Bre-RO yea I got my mums birthday and Mother’s Day presents done so I feel a bit better now Smiley Happy thank you Heart
It scares me because I don’t want that to happen to me Smiley Sad I don’t even think I could live with that.. it also makes me question my plan.. even though I only have 1 close friend irl, I could not do that to her and also my family. And of course you guys Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Hey @Bananatime04 ,

That documentary sounds so heartbreaking but like you said, it delivers an important message.  I will have to watch it Heart

OMG it's mother's day?! I best now out and get something this evening.  Thank you for reminding me!