cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TW:SH urges. I can't cope with anxiety anymore.

I haven't self-harmed for a long time. But right now I don't feel as though I can cope. Everything is overwhelming. I've been feeling really anxious, shame and anger lately. When it gets too much, I find myself feeling numb and lifeless. I can't help but think about how I can hurt myself. I need to feel a sense of control. 

Re: TW:SH urges. I can't cope with anxiety anymore.

Hey @beautifullybroken, I can hear the pain of you struggling to cope with anxiety Smiley Sad. May I ask if you're safe right now? I'm really concerned about your well-being. We're here to support you, sending virtual hugs <3

@Esperanza67 I am safe. I'm trying to not act on the urges. It's hard feeling when I feel so torn. Though it's probably a sign that I need to do something to manage the anxiety because it has escalated recently.

Hi @Beautifullybroken! That sounds like a really awful feeling. Smiley Sad It can be hard not to give in to anxiety and resist the urge to self harm, so well done for being safe right now.

What do you think of the alternatives on this thread? Do you find them helpful?

Hugs! Heart

giphy

@WheresMySquishy thank you. I will look at the thread. The urges have passed. Hugs <3.