cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Weed

I quit weed on September the 2nd after smoking for 9 years everyday, when will I stop craving it and thinking about it. How do I try not to relapse.

ive cut off all friends who do drugs and now have a job etc. I have no friends or social life now and am increasingly wanting to go back to weed to numb the pain of things that have happened or are still happening.

Highlighted

Re: Weed

Hey @Jasmine34 

Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like such a massive step you have taken to stop smoking weed after such a long time. The fact that you have jumped on here shows that you are looking for support which can sometimes be hard thing to do. It is really normal when we give something up to still think about it. Have you had any professional support to get you this far?

It sounds like you have made some positive changes to the friends in your life, but that has mean't you don't have a lot of social support right now.  Are there any people at work you have connected with? 

Highlighted

Hi @Jasmine34 I just want to jump in here and say I'm SO happy for you for making the decision to stop!! I have quite a few friends who smoke a lot of weed every day and they are always saying how much they wish they had the strength and will power to give up, they've tried and failed many times - so the fact that you have is something to be so proud of! Heart

Highlighted

Hi @Jasmine34, just checking in to see how you are going this week?

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Hi @Jasmine34! Welcome to the forums!

I think it's amazing that you've decided to cut down on weed and it's incredible that you've managed to go a few months without it, especially after smoking it every day for 9 years. What a fantastic achievement! It really shows how strong your willpower and determination are. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're going through some painful experiences right now. Smiley Sad
I think it's important to remember that cravings are just cravings, and don't necessarily mean that you're relapsing or doing a bad job of staying sober.
Do you have any coping strategies that have helped so far?

Highlighted

Hey @Jasmine34 

Congratulations on quitting! 

I imagine it must be challenging. I know it is a little different, but after seeing my mum quit smoking cigarettes (not weed), I believe most people can beat addiction. I honestly never thought she would quit, because she's been smoking for years, and has tried many times in the past and would relapse, and she'd even wake up multiple times during the night to smoke. She was like a slave to the addiction. It would control her life! I'm not joking when I say I think she smoked 2 packets of cigarettes a day. However, she received some hypnosis earlier this year to help her quit, and she hasn't relapsed. This is the longest she has gone without relapsing. Not sure if it was the hypnosis, or if the hypnosis just jump-started the quitting process, but she's maintained not smoking, and I don't think she'll go back to it. She was different about quitting this time, it seemed like she genuinely wanted to quit. Yes she had cravings, but she coped. 

I know smoking weed is a little different, but I definitely believe that you can quit. Is there any reason why you smoked it? Was it just a social thing or something deeper? Sometimes people turn to drugs when they're struggling with some form of distress, like feelings of anxiety or depression. This might not be the case for you, but if it is, then it might be a good idea to engage in some counselling, and target some of the underlying reasons why you smoked, to make giving up a little easier for you.