cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ugh

so i have depression and stuff and it’s always kinda there but it gets better and worse and i guess today i was feeling okay but now all of a sudden it’s there and it’s worse and i don’t know what to do i feel like i’m wasting my weekend and i should be doing things and i feel like a failure and hopeless and i just don’t know what to do i feel horrible about myself and my appearance and just how i’m doing in general but now even that i just don’t know i guess everything but not really anything i just feel horrible thanks for coming to my TED talk 

Re: ugh

Hi @Sammyye, thanks for taking the courage to post about how you're feeling today. We really appreciate you opening up and recognise how much strength it takes to talk about this stuff. Heart

What you're describing sounds really tough and I've had similar thoughts so I know what it can be like. You sound quite distressed at the moment, would talking with Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 be an option for you right now? You can also use webchat if you would prefer. Heart

We're here for you - please let us know how you get on. Heart

@mrmusic wrote:

Hi @Sammyye, thanks for taking the courage to post about how you're feeling today. We really appreciate you opening up and recognise how much strength it takes to talk about this stuff. Heart

What you're describing sounds really tough and I've had similar thoughts so I know what it can be like. You sound quite distressed at the moment, would talking with Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 be an option for you right now? You can also use webchat if you would prefer. Heart

We're here for you - please let us know how you get on. Heart

@mrmusic i’ve always felt weird about helplines so i don’t think i’ll do that right now but maybe ill consider it if it gets worse, i looked at the webchat but it seems like a lot of effort so again maybe later. Thanks anyway♥️

Hey @Sammyye, great to hear you will consider helplines if things get worse for you. It is okay to have periods of time where we don't feel like ourselves. Sometimes this is a part of the course of depression but it is still important to talk about it. It is so brave to reach out when you are feeling this way Heart Do you have any professional support to help you through these difficult times?

@Taylor-RO i have a therapist but i skipped her this week coz i didn’t really feel like it, it doesn’t really seem to help.

Hey @Sammyye.
What are you doing today?
Even if you make a small plan for the afternoon, it can make a difference. I know I'm going to a baby shower for my cousin twice removed...
I don't want to go to that. Oh well. MORE FOODZZZZ.
Are you feeling ok right now?

Just remember:
//You are strong, You are beatiful, You are enough//

hey @Sammyye
it sounds rather tough right now but im glad youve reached out. Can i ask why you dont think your therapy is helping? no judgements at all, ive had alot of those simialr thoughts too.

How are you going today? are you feeling abit better than when you posted?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx yeah i don’t do things unless i have to so ima pass, tbh i’m feeling a lot worse like fuckin hell everything’s horrible and i just can’t deal with it anymore but i’ll get over it i guess. baby’s are overrated but if there’s food the baby shower would be worth going to🙃 have fun

@scared01 just doesn’t feel like it’s going anywhere...my therapists a wonderful person and she’s so kind but i feel like i can barely tell her how i feel, and when i do she never gives me solutions or hope, she just tells me why i feel like that and like what it’s called which doesn’t really make me feel any better

i see @Sammyye do you think you could bring it up with her? sometimes even psychs need abit of direction and like it upfront.

you could pretty much jsut say what you did in your post 'I dont feel our therapy sessions are helpful right now, can we try something else?' ive had to approach therapists this way too and they were quite happy to either change the way they were helping or even refferred me elsewhere.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**